Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Product Reviews

Old 11-25-2009, 11:29 PM   #1
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
WOT-TECH Billet Motor Mount w/install instructions

WOT-TECH 1999+ N-body Billet Mount

Install was quick and easy, 30-45 mins tops, even while stopping to take pics.

After install complete, Test Drive:

Drove around for a bit, just to make sure all the bushings and what not settled in appropriately, and allow the building of a little heat in the engine bay.

Initial throttle from from the dig - lower response time from hammer to feeling the pull. In otherwords, notably less torque flex. Pulled hard with no wheel-hop

Shifts - under hard acceleration (performance shift enabled at 92lbs line pressure) shifts were more firm, yet smooth. no clunky feeling as with many hard mount systems, again less torque flex on shifts.

Standard driving - comfort was same as driving stock, no notable vibration transfer, yet offered a bit more feeling of performance responsiveness.

All said, very nice indeed, and I'm sure with the response increase I was feeling and the shift firmness and stability, it should easily shave a little off my ET's.

AND THE COOL PART: They'll be discounted in WOT-TECH's "Black Friday" sale !!

CLICK HERE FOR INSTALL WITH PICS

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 11:37 PM   #2
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
mine is basically the same as BJ stated, but i do feel an ever so slight gas pedal vibration which i'm sure i only feel because of my cam and billet trans mount.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:39 PM   #3
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackal2000 View Post
mine is basically the same as BJ stated, but i do feel an ever so slight gas pedal vibration which i'm sure i only feel because of my cam and billet trans mount.

I think it's your Parkinson's

Old 11-26-2009, 12:30 AM   #4
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
and i blame my lead foot on PTSD.
Old 11-26-2009, 10:01 AM   #5
WhiteV6
Wide Open Throttle

WhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond repute
I could use a good installation write up
WhiteV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 11:27 AM   #6
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

Right on !

Old 11-26-2009, 12:20 PM   #7
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Thumbs up

I have to agree with Black Jack.

My car was shaking a lot due to the new billet tranny mount I installed in March, but this motor mount actually smoothed out the idle a lot.

I get wheel spin when I push the pedal down half way on certain road surfaces and smoke them when I floor it.

It only took about 30 mintues to install.

I give this product 2 thumbs up. If I had more thumbs, they'd be up too. Awesome product

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 02:10 AM   #8
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

Install Instructions

WOT-TECH Billet Motor Mount Install Guide

Installer: Michael Montgomery (BlackJack)

Install Time: 30-45 minutes, no helper.

Difficulty Level: Easy

Tools/Materials: Jack, jack stands, block of wood, basic standard/metric sockets and combo wrenches, 5mm hex-key, large screwdriver and/or pilot tool.

All original nuts/bolts will be retained and reinstalled except the nuts labeled (2) in step 5.

Mount received:

1.Set parking brake, and place front end on jack stands, or if you have a low-profile jack, you may not need to depending on if you car is lowered or not.

2.Place long wooden block (2x4 short length works fine) between the jack and motor to protect the oil pan, and raise a little just enough to take the tension off the motor mount. (Identify stock motor mount in following photo):

3.Take cruise control module loose (if equipped) by removing retainer clip on bracket.

4. It is NOT necessary to remove cable/wires from cruise module. Simply move it to the side as shown.

5.Locate the nuts/bolts on the mount cap. Begin loosening bolts labeled (1) evenly a few turns at a time. If you begin to see the motor start to lower, then raise the jack a little more to support the engine. Once those are removed, then remove the nuts labeled (2).

6.Remove the upper cap as shown:

7. Remove nuts (3) holding the stock mount bushing assembly to the lower frame

8. Remove the mount bushing assembly

9.Take the opportunity to do some cleaning while you have everything apart. This is one of the areas that is hardest to get to during engine bay cleaning.

10.Turn the mount assembly over and remove the 2 lower retaining nuts labeled (4)

11. Separate the bushing from the lower mount plate and keep the nuts for re-use with new assembly

12. Remove bolts labeled (5) and separate the new billet mount pieces:

13.Attach lower billet mount cradle to factory base plate by aligning the 5mm hex key bolts labeled (6) through holes in base plate

14. Turn the base plate over and secure with the factory nuts labeled (7), which were removed from the original busing assembly. Ensure you torque these securely.

15. Reassemble the bushing assembly

16. Place the supplied mount pads labeled (8) over the frame bolts as shown

17a. OPTIONAL PROCEDURE – Due to slight GM factory casting variations, there may be a need to open up the top plate so that the supplied bolts slip through.

17b. Orient the lower mount plate so that the offset hole has the Long offset side as depicted below, and install the factory upper mount plate and secure/torque with bolts labeled (9), and insert bolts with locknuts labeled (10) through the cradle and bushing assembly and tighten.

18. Place the assembly over the lower frame bolts and begin threading (but do not tighten) factory original nuts labeled (11)

19. Place a large screwdriver or pilot bar into the large hole as shown and align the motor with the upper mount plate

20.and insert factory original mount bolts labeled (12) into the holes and torque down.

21.Lower the jack supporting the motor and torque down the lower frame mount nuts labeled (11)

22.Take a moment to recheck all the bolts/nuts for tightening, then reinstall the cruise control module (if equipped) and any other accessories you may have removed prior to install such as coolant overflow lines etc.

23. Finished install should appear like so:

Remove car from jacks, put away your tools, and enjoy driving !

Old 11-27-2009, 10:31 AM   #9
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
Great write-up BJ. I just bought this today and look forward to installing it soon.

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 12:36 PM   #10
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
BJ you fogot to mention jacking up the motor with the wood block. Very important set

www.facebook.com/kb0177
Old 11-27-2009, 01:18 PM   #11
hok666
GLS member

hok666 is an unknown quantity at this point
I was going to ask that. I need to buy a low profile jack and find a 2X4. Ive been putting off my serpentine belt and tensioner replacement until some one shows me proper jacking procedures. Thank you anyway BJ
hok666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 01:29 PM   #12
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
BJ you fogot to mention jacking up the motor with the wood block. Very important set

I forgot? That's too important to forget. I think you just missed it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack
2.Place long wooden block (2x4 short length works fine) between the jack and motor to protect the oil pan, and raise a little just enough to take the tension off the motor mount.

Old 11-27-2009, 03:02 PM   #13
Redog
Aleromod part owner

My bad

Quote:
I was going to ask that. I need to buy a low profile jack and find a 2X4. Ive been putting off my serpentine belt and tensioner replacement until some one shows me proper jacking procedures. Thank you anyway BJ

I use the stock jack to jack up the car so I can slip my 2.5 floor jack under the car. I jack up the pass side of the car. Can't get it past the raditor dam otherwise

www.facebook.com/kb0177
Old 11-27-2009, 03:21 PM   #14
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
My bad

It's cool, just means you're getting old like me LOL