Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > Forced Induction Performance

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-22-2016, 09:14 PM   #1
Alerotgp
GX Member

Alerotgp is on a distinguished road
Turbo setup off of Mclaren Grand Prix turbo

Hi, I'm new here but have been checking out threads on here for a while now. I have a 02 alero that was originally a 2.2 eco tech 5 speed car. I got a wrecked 03 alero 3400 car and put the engine in my 02 along with the wiring harness and pcm. The tranny is a munci 5 speed out of a 91 z24 cavalier. After struggling to get everything mounted for a while I'm pretty close to finishing the project. I have an 89 Mclaren turbo Grand Prix that I have no intention of ever putting back on the road so I'm wanting to take the turbo setup off and put it on the alero before I put it all back together. I don't know much about turbos, so I was hoping to get a little help here. I'm not trying to build a race car, just a quick everyday driver. That being said will the stock bottom end of the 3400 hold up at the standard boost of the Grand Prix. I've been told that the stock bottom end will handle 300hp, and I figure I will be at 260 at the very most. From what I understand I may have to upgrade the fuel pump and injectors, if so can I use the injectors from the Grand Prix? I know everything will have to be tuned and I'm assuming that mms would be able to do it seeing how everyone speaks so highly of them on here. Am I missing anything or is there anything else i need to know? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Alerotgp is offline   Reply With Quote