Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 12-24-2006, 09:58 PM   #1
sorrowfulkiller
GX Member

sorrowfulkiller is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sorrowfulkiller Send a message via MSN to sorrowfulkiller Send a message via Yahoo to sorrowfulkiller
Transmission and Brake questions

I was just wondering, does anyone know how much torque a 4t45e tranny can handle?

Also, does anyone know where I could get some cheap drilled brake rotors?

Last edited by sorrowfulkiller : 12-24-2006 at 10:08 PM.
sorrowfulkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 10:49 PM   #2
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
I think it's rated to 200 lbs, but somebody said 300 I believe

Don't go cheap on brakes! I think www.summitracing.com has drilled rotors for the Alero, but I know www.tirerack.com and www.pfyc.com both have Powerslot II's for the front. They are slotted and dimpled

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 11:02 PM   #3
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorrowfulkiller View Post
I was just wondering, does anyone know how much torque a 4t45e tranny can handle?

wait for BJ to blow his and then find out

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 11:08 PM   #4
sorrowfulkiller
GX Member

Send a message via AIM to sorrowfulkiller Send a message via MSN to sorrowfulkiller Send a message via Yahoo to sorrowfulkiller
well I've heard that the 4t45e can handle 205 lb/ft torque.... but I've also heard that they are good til about 300 without modifications.

I see summit racing has drilled and slotted rotors for really cheap O_o I'm just wondering, do you think they would be worth it?

$120 for front and $100 for rear!

But then again anything would be better than my warped rotors that I have now >_>
Old 12-24-2006, 11:09 PM   #5
sorrowfulkiller
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr1m View Post
wait for BJ to blow his and then find out
Good Response
Old 12-25-2006, 12:38 AM   #6
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
my car dynoed 281whp at altitude and it is on it's third tranny so but then again the one i have right now has been abused by three different boosted cars and it is still holding tight and strong.......
Old 12-25-2006, 07:10 AM   #7
sorrowfulkiller
GX Member

I'm thinking I should atleast use an overhaul kit then?

Where can I find LSD's?
Old 12-25-2006, 10:48 AM   #8
burg03

anyone with anything over 300hp
Old 12-25-2006, 12:42 PM   #9
alerored04
GLS member

alerored04 is an unknown quantity at this point
if you have ?'s about the 4t45e TEjohnson over on GAgt.com would be the best guy to ask, he is pushing our tranny pretty far and getting it to hold up. Im sure kwhauk has some info on that. A buddy of mine has a turbo monty with a 4t40 iirc, he is making around 320hp and like 260tq, he is on his 3rd tranny, but he isnt nice to them at all either. Those numbers are my best recollection, im not sure of exacts, but i know he is on tranny #3. Its germ for you guys that have been here for a while. As for the rotors check r1concepts on ebay. I have a full set of 4 of their rotors and love em, cant remeber what i paid but i know i was happy with the price.
alerored04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 06:13 PM   #10
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
TEjohnson is a good source of knowledge.......so are a lot of the other guys i just think for long term driveabililty and upgrades options that the 65HD swap is the best option........
Old 12-25-2006, 08:26 PM   #11
sorrowfulkiller
GX Member

I've been told the 65HD doesn't fit >_> how much torque can that handle?

Last edited by sorrowfulkiller : 12-25-2006 at 08:34 PM.
Old 12-25-2006, 08:49 PM   #12
kwhauck
2Screwy

it will fit you just need a few fabricating with brackets and what not.......as far as what it can handle.........with upgrades more available than the 45, as much torque as you want........gm had a build book with part numbers for the 1200hp race cobalt that has a 65 tranny, or look at ZZP they are on the brink of 8 sec 1/4s with their 65 tranny
Old 12-25-2006, 11:40 PM   #13
sorrowfulkiller
GX Member

Holy Shit! Maybe in the future after I re-do the entire exhaust I may drop a 65hd in then! O_o

Right now though I only have a stock alero, but soon I'll have $400-$500 leftover every paycheck... so it won't take me long to actually get some shit installed.