Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 09-08-2008, 11:22 AM   #1
01OldsAleroGt
GLS member

01OldsAleroGt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to 01OldsAleroGt Send a message via MSN to 01OldsAleroGt Send a message via Yahoo to 01OldsAleroGt
6x9 Wiring question

hey gotta question.. i would like to clean up the wiring install of the rear speakers.. but i'd like to have both sets of the wires to be hooked up.. now i know i do have the monsoon system and i still have my stock deck in perfect working order... now how would i go by wiring up the rear aftermarket 6x9s so everything works
Old 09-08-2008, 03:01 PM   #2
itsbmw

splice into the stock connector. Just make sure you get the right pins because I think 2 of them are power wires and 2 of them are for sound. I dont know how itll work with the Monsoon system because i havent done it yet But Im sure someone has the pinouts for the stock connectors.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:38 PM   #3
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Ryan from Ohio will become famous soon enough
Appears they are dual voice coils? Or one input for tweeters and one for sub?

Im not quite sure.

One thing I am sure about is factory amps, speakers and decks suck.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:59 PM   #4
01OldsAleroGt
GLS member

Send a message via AIM to 01OldsAleroGt Send a message via MSN to 01OldsAleroGt Send a message via Yahoo to 01OldsAleroGt
ya wanna know what... i don't want to deal with aftermarket decks or amps. im happy with what i have with stock.. its just that i would want some more durable speakers ... thats all im after

plus i've had bad luck with either h/us and cds in my past cars i don't wanna run something which adds appeal to steal...
Old 09-08-2008, 07:23 PM   #5
itsbmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01OldsAleroGt View Post
ya wanna know what... i don't want to deal with aftermarket decks or amps. im happy with what i have with stock.. its just that i would want some more durable speakers ... thats all im after

plus i've had bad luck with either h/us and cds in my past cars i don't wanna run something which adds appeal to steal...

Get a kenwood KDC-MP238 I got that, + detachable faceplate. I love it and it was cheap 126 installed. take faceplate off, put in protective case that comes with it(also cleans it) lock in glovebox. done But if you dont want it just get a good amp with a good line out converter
Old 09-09-2008, 12:25 AM   #6
01OldsAleroGt
GLS member

not to get off subject... but is there a way to wire up all four wires into an aftermarket set of speakers
Old 09-09-2008, 01:13 AM   #7
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Do you already have aftermarket 6x9s?
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 08:07 AM   #8
surreal_awakening
GL Member

surreal_awakening is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to surreal_awakening
I'm not sure if the Monsoon system is the same or not, but the upgraded delco system that preceded it works like this. The rear speaker feeds leave the HU and go to the IP junction blocks (the fuse panels on the ends of the dash). When they get there, they are split into 2 feeds each. One goes direct to the high side input on the rear speakers, the other goes to the amp where it seems to be (maybe I'm wrong) run through a half-assed internal crossover, then on to the low side input on the rear speakers. Maybe someone can comment on whether or not the Monsoon is set up the same way. If it is, then it would seem to me that you would need to grab one of the feeds. Prior to the amp they should be the same I think. Just go straight to the speaker with it, instead of to the amp. The problem is, it will be un-amped, so you won't have much power going to the rear speakers. Someone correct me if I've totally botched that, or if Monsoon is different.
surreal_awakening is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 10:15 AM   #9
01OldsAleroGt
GLS member

yes i do have aftermartket 6x9s. i pulled em outta the j/y and they were brand new fuzions.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:58 PM   #10
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Quote:
Originally Posted by surreal_awakening View Post
I'm not sure if the Monsoon system is the same or not, but the upgraded delco system that preceded it works like this. The rear speaker feeds leave the HU and go to the IP junction blocks (the fuse panels on the ends of the dash). When they get there, they are split into 2 feeds each. One goes direct to the high side input on the rear speakers, the other goes to the amp where it seems to be (maybe I'm wrong) run through a half-assed internal crossover, then on to the low side input on the rear speakers. Maybe someone can comment on whether or not the Monsoon is set up the same way.

Nope, in the monsoon, all 8 drivers are amplified through an individual channel on the amp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01OldsAleroGt View Post
yes i do have aftermartket 6x9s. i pulled em outta the j/y and they were brand new fuzions.

Those probably won't work the way you want them too.. There are some 6x9s that have external crossovers which would be the only way it would work. And at that, I don't think anyone has actually tried it.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 01:05 PM   #11
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Ryan from Ohio will become famous soon enough
Well in that case.

you could disconnect the feeds leading into the tweeters and hook them up separate.

If you have the old monsoon speaker upgrade to the newer. Outside that your basically screwed.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:48 PM   #12
01OldsAleroGt
GLS member

i have the 01 alero so if im correct it has the newer monsoon.. and ryan... i did that.. but now my drivers side stopped working after a while.. i think i may of blew the speaker.