Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 08-17-2017, 01:57 PM   #1
riceralero
GX Member

riceralero is on a distinguished road
sad news :(

after getting her back from mechanic, we learned the a lot of the front steering parts are in very bad condition and unsafe. That combined with the rear right wind regulator going out, my dad has decided that the time has come to sell the Alero. I may still post in off topic as i really enjoy this community. A possible replacement is a Pontiac g6 gtp. The good news is the gtp has a 3.6 v6 with 252ish horsepower. Quite a nice increase compared to the LA1.
riceralero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 01:55 PM   #2
riceralero
GX Member

Ill prob be on here for a while. Because parents are getting a divorce, the lawyer suggested not getting a different car until everything is finalized. I still might be getting a g6 or a forth gen fire bird(with a v8).
Old 09-01-2017, 02:09 PM   #3
riceralero
GX Member

uhhhh

Ill prob be on here for a while. Because parents are getting a divorce, the lawyer suggested not getting a different car until everything is finalized. I still might be getting a g6 or a forth gen fire bird(with a v8).
Old 09-25-2017, 08:51 PM   #4
paul ron
GX Member

paul ron is on a distinguished road
I know how you feel about your car. I was going to sell my 2000 when I bought a new car. The dealer was going to give me $600 for it... but but it runs great, why so little? they didnt like the cosmetics. I told them to shove the $600 n I'll give the dam thing to my son.

Well the alero is still on the raod today, except the front end parts are starting to go (old lady legs now), the paint is a scary camp fire story, the dash looks like crap but the fkn thing runs like a champ!

I had the pleasure of driving it a few weeks ago when my son left it in my driveway while he was away.... gat dam thing is ready for the grave any moment now. Compared to my new car, its pretty scary with stearing so delicate, shocks dragging knees, it felt like rubber bands holding her together.

My son is determined to keep her till the plates fall off.... or the first high repair bill whichever comes first. Got only 98,000 miles on it too, but haven't put a single nickle into her aside form tires n brakes. Even have the factory antifreeze in it!

I probably jinxed it telling you this.

If its ready to take her last ride.. anyone interested can leave me a note and its yours when we are ready to let it go. Come n get her? 2.4 4 dr no mods.

Last edited by paul ron : 09-25-2017 at 08:55 PM.
paul ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 12:21 PM   #5
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
All those things should be fixable easily enough, unless the real reason for getting rid of the car is rust where some of those parts attach.
zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 10:44 PM   #6
riceralero
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzyzzx View Post
All those things should be fixable easily enough, unless the real reason for getting rid of the car is rust where some of those parts attach.
the entire underside is heavily rusted. like holes in frame rust
Old 11-28-2017, 06:55 PM   #7
GaryC
GX Member

GaryC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by riceralero View Post
the entire underside is heavily rusted. like holes in frame rust

My 2001 I bought new shares the same fate. It's been off the road and in the garage for 2 years now. Engine cradle is rotted. Lots of rot in the undercarriage Haven't been able to part with it yet.
GaryC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 09:10 PM   #8
riceralero
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryC View Post
My 2001 I bought new shares the same fate. It's been off the road and in the garage for 2 years now. Engine cradle is rotted. Lots of rot in the undercarriage Haven't been able to part with it yet.

that sucks. I love how tourqey the v6 is and its a damn shame