Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 12-28-2004, 11:11 PM   #1
-Alero-
GLS member

-Alero- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to -Alero-
hey i went to best buy today and i saw a set of pioneer 3 way 4x6's for 79.99$ you guys think i should buy them? or no? if Nosweat83 was around he'd help me out but i dont know what happened to him. also i was wondering how hard it is to install the 4x6's i heard some peopel had trouble with a tweeter wire or something.... i dunno but i need to buy tweeters as well and am open for suggestions.
Old 12-29-2004, 10:41 AM   #2
Youngblood77
V.I.P. Member

Youngblood77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Installation of the 4x6's is easier than the 6x9's in my opinion, the rear deck panel of my car was a bitch to get out. As far as the stock tweeters go, they're designed in the factory to send the corr4ect ohm-load to the factory deck in addition to the factory 4x6's. If you've got a decent aftermarket deck, it's absolutely no problem. Just wire them up like they came stock. The added ohm load that the tweeters show your deck is so miniscule, it's not really straining the new deck @ all.

Aleromod door panel removal thread

Crutchfield Mastersheets for the Alero and GA

If you need a few extra pictures to see exactly what's going on in there, feel free to check out pages 9,10,11, and 12 of my Cardomain ( see my sig for the link ), they show pics of my 4x6 install, and fitting the new plates into the stock 4x6 bezels with a dremel tool. :thumbsup:

** Pioneer makes a decent speaker no doubt about it, but they're a little empty on the midrange. They excel @ reproducing the upper frequency ranges, but if you're into a well balenced system, maybe look into a different speaker. IMO

hope this helps ya man. B)

Your car must be fast, you were haulin' ass when I passed you in my 4-door Buick.

Youngblood77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 10:48 AM   #3
ImSoBored
GL Member

ImSoBored is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to ImSoBored
I just bought me some infinity refrences from circuit city. I love em.
Old 01-03-2005, 11:43 AM   #4
mike2002
GLS member

mike2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to mike2002
id pick up 5.25" speakers instead. circle speakers put out a better sound and better midbass

they'll fit without modding quite easily
Old 01-03-2005, 11:54 AM   #5
ImSoBored
GL Member

ImSoBored is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to ImSoBored
mines a very circular speaker

Old 01-03-2005, 11:55 AM   #6
mike2002
GLS member

mike2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to mike2002
pioneer 3 ways would have to be a oval coax speaker, you've got a 4x6 plate
Old 02-15-2005, 11:31 PM   #7
RAVAGE214

I own those pioneers they hand power like champs, currently got 60 RMS goign to them with no proublems what so ever rated at 25 RMS i think, can be tweeked to sound verry nice, but cant push loud mid bass because of the wattage i have them running at, ther only getting like 120 hz and above (i could be wrong id have to check my amp) great speakers but im gettign rid of them for a component/tweeter set that will sound better with more power and sound a lot brighter.

All in all thou its not the speakers fault its the placement, which is why you should definitly look into tweeters if you want soring highs, and when you get into the high end stuff your 4x6s will be drounded out by your rear 6x9s .

but if you are going to power them with just a head unit or arnt insainly anal about sound quality then definitly get um, i actuly drove around for a few months wiht just these powerd by a headunit and subs.

http://pioneerelectronics.com/pna/product/...4850165,00.html
note: i am refering to these speakers best buy may be selling you the cheap pioneer 4x6s if they dont look liek these DO NOT buy them, THEY ARE JUNK along wiht the rest of the non primeer models.
Old 02-16-2005, 12:52 AM   #8
stealthlero
V.I.P. Member

stealthlero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to stealthlero
i got these pioneer 4x6's a while back, i haven't gotten a chance to get em in and wired up though, winters a pain with no garage, hahaha
stealthlero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 08:35 PM   #9
Jamie

so the 4x6's are easier than the 6x9's why am i having so much trouble getting my 04 alero 3.4's door panels off ive taken many door panels off but never had this much trouble someone wright back before i get mad and break it not meaning to
Old 10-27-2008, 08:41 PM   #10
GoldStar611
GX Member

GoldStar611 is on a distinguished road
this thread was almost 4 years old lol..I'd consider it dead
GoldStar611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 10:07 AM   #11
Fi-Alero
GL Member

Fi-Alero is on a distinguished road
Holy thread jesus.
Fi-Alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 10:14 AM   #12
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
even still...hes having trouble getting his door off... no-one will offer help??

make sure you got all 3 screws outta the door. (one behind the red reflector on the bottom corner) and the two under the plastic cover, near the inside door handle.

after you get those three out, just gotta pop the door free from the "fasteners" that resemble plastic christmas trees. Normally, i just use a large screwdriver. Slide it between the door and the metal, pry the door out enough to get your fingers under it, and give it a firm yank, while bracing the metal part of the door with your foot or knee (something to hold the metal part while you pry the plastic door away from it) its pretty easy once you get the hang of it...
Old 10-28-2008, 10:40 AM   #13
jayson_waltz
GLS member

jayson_waltz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jayson_waltz
^ what he said but start from the bottom of the door and when you get up to by the window with all the other ones unhooked,slide the panel up to unhook by the window

and i've seen lots of thread resurections lately, but this has got to beone of the oldest
jayson_waltz is offline   Reply With Quote