Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 06-26-2004, 10:25 PM   #1
FormulaNERD
GLS member

FormulaNERD is an unknown quantity at this point
ok, so i had a few ideas about my transmission problem, thanks to suggestions from others.

#1. Disconnect battery, reconnect, let idle for 5+ min to reprogram shift points.
a. Did so three times in counjunction with other steps and reinstalling the battery tray.... tranny still slips

#2. intake leak after MAF
a. Tightend all couplers on CAI, no help, so i replaced stock coupler after MAF, still no help

#3. Flush and refill tranny.
a. fluid isnt brown, and doesnt smell funny, going to change fluid/filter anyway, even though it may make tranny worse. total fluid capacity is 7 qt's right? gonna try the b&m synthetic stuff... really pricey, but worth it if it works.

------------------------

if #3 doesnt help, what are my other options that i can do myself? someone suggested unplugging one of the connections on the tranny( the smaller one), and running it for 10 min or so, where can i find this?

thanks
FormulaNERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 12:45 AM   #2
mobs241

well i know you prob want to try a few other things first. but most tranny shops will do a diagnostic on tehm for around 100 bucks. im not quite sure how they do it. but wheni had my rustang they were able to tell that i had a valve sticking and a sliped band...