Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 02-09-2008, 01:32 PM   #1
Fi-Alero
GL Member

Fi-Alero is on a distinguished road
Ordering an AAS kit

Hey guys,
In the next week or so I'm gonna be ordering the full AAS kit. I will be installing this myself. Is there any tips on putting the bumpers and side skirts on?

Also I'm thinking of a new color to get my car painted (since my ex keyed my current paint up). I'm thinking of solid black or some sort of 2 tone. My interior is the stock beige one and my rims are after market silver. Any suggestions on some paint jobs that would look nice?
Fi-Alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 01:35 PM   #2
shiny alero
GL Member

shiny alero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to shiny alero
i like the color on the pepsi can..im thinking it's viper blue
shiny alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 01:50 PM   #3
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
do it like this:

TIP: don't install it in the snow/slush while it's ice raining like i did lol

bumpers and side skirts are held on by a ton of ridiculous christmas trees and plastic clips and screws that are supposed to pull out by pulling the pin. most are not that easy.

get a friend to help you so he holds it in place while you put in the clips/screws
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 02:10 PM   #4
Fi-Alero
GL Member

Thanks Ion I like the paint but the ghost olds sign would most likely be out of my budget. I was thinking black with some other color like lime green, blue, or orange. Something that stands out.
Old 02-09-2008, 02:21 PM   #5
Fi-Alero
GL Member

Also another thing,
How does the AAS kit look without the side skirts? Does anyone have any pics? I'm debating about getting them or not. Would be about $120 less if I did not get them
Old 02-09-2008, 02:23 PM   #6
adam337
GLS member

adam337 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to adam337
Looks stupid. bumpers are alot farther down than the sides and shit.
Lonnie: How would she feel if I took the booty one of the ladies has offered up.. What am I going to say... It's not my fault some gifts are better then others.
adam337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 02:23 PM   #7
Fi-Alero
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam337 View Post
Stupid.

I thought so lol.
Old 02-09-2008, 02:41 PM   #8
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
yeah like mine at the moment. the side skirts aren't on yet. i haven't taken a picture of it from the side yet due to that lol
Old 02-09-2008, 03:57 PM   #9
paulyb
GLS member

paulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these parts
[quote=Fi-Alero;333823]Hey guys,
In the next week or so I'm gonna be ordering the full AAS kit. I will be installing this myself. Is there any tips on putting the bumpers and side skirts on?

fit it before having it painted......and take your time on the install, line it all up.
paulyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 04:13 PM   #10
Fi-Alero
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulyb
fit it before having it painted......and take your time on the install, line it all up.

Good Tip Pauly. My plan is to put it all on and keep it for a few weeks untill i cn get the money for paint. Then just take it to a shop and get it painted. I'm still having trouble with deciding on some colors lol.

Oh btw, I'm also getting new exhaust. I don't want to sound like a ricer, I just want something that will have a nice purr sound. My stock exhaust is not cutting it lol. Anyone have any suggestions for some not too expensive solutions?
Old 02-09-2008, 04:17 PM   #11
paulyb
GLS member

paulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fi-Alero View Post
Good Tip Pauly. My plan is to put it all on and keep it for a few weeks untill i cn get the money for paint. Then just take it to a shop and get it painted. I'm still having trouble with deciding on some colors lol.

Oh btw, I'm also getting new exhaust. I don't want to sound like a ricer, I just want something that will have a nice purr sound. My stock exhaust is not cutting it lol. Anyone have any suggestions for some not too expensive solutions?

wait to have it painted then put it on.
Old 02-09-2008, 04:23 PM   #12
Fi-Alero
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulyb View Post
wait to have it painted then put it on.

Any reason why?
Old 02-09-2008, 04:32 PM   #13
[ion] C2
636 whp

it looks good and you don't have to take it on and off more than once

however, you're supposed to put it on first unpainted so if it cracks you can fix that so it's been pre-fitted and stressed, otherwise cracks will happen later and the paint will be cracked and it will cost more to repair

mine's used, so it already was ready to go
Old 02-09-2008, 04:38 PM   #14
Fi-Alero
GL Member

Ok, I'd rather just put it on first, I don't want to have to pay for repainting later lol.

Now I'm trying to decide where to order it from. Its $645 shipped from AAS, but it seems to be allot cheaper on ebay...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-00...spagenameZWDVW
Old 02-09-2008, 04:43 PM   #15
nickbain
GL Member

nickbain is on a distinguished road
from what ive heard dont get that one, they are crap and you will have problems with fittment.

1996 GMC Yukon 4x4
5.7 liters of gas suckin power!
33x12.5r15 Mud Terrians on 15x10 wheels

111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12345678987654321
nickbain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 04:48 PM   #16
Fi-Alero
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickbain View Post
from what ive heard dont get that one, they are crap and you will have problems with fittment.

The AAS kit or the one off eBay? It is weird that the one off eBay looks exactly like the AAS one but a different name..
Old 02-09-2008, 04:50 PM   #17
[ion] C2
636 whp

The one off eBay is a knockoff cheaply made third party version of the Andy's Auto Sport kit. Get the real legitimate one. It will be the best in the long run.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:30 PM   #18
paulyb
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fi-Alero View Post
The AAS kit or the one off eBay? It is weird that the one off eBay looks exactly like the AAS one but a different name..

dont get the ebay one ask shinny alero, go the cheap way it always bites you in the ass later.