Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 01-27-2012, 10:38 PM   #1
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
coolant light

just started today, the light will come for a second along with the ding, then quickly go away. coolant level is fine. I remember reading somewhere about someone with a similar problem. clean the sensor, replace, or is it something else?
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 10:43 PM   #2
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
its mostlikly the sensor that you will have to replace with a new tank. if you jump the two wires on the sensors with a paper clip you should be able to turn on or off the light (depending on what happens when you unplug the light). id say you ahve a sensor issue but if you ever have a time when the lights always on and the fluid level is ok, then jump the wires to make sure everythign else works good. confused yet?
Old 01-27-2012, 11:40 PM   #3
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

tw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond repute
could have an air pocket in the line... it could cause a quick blip through the sensor...

Misty: 3400, S&S headers, TCE 65mm TB, CAI, 180* TStat, Milzy motor & tranny mount, 18" BOSS 328 & much more... going osv!!
Silver: 2.4L, 5 speed, GAGT seats, front & rear STB's, all red tails, led headlights, Magnaflow muffler, Milzy Motor mount, WAI, Cosmo short shifter; sold n missed
Tequila: 2.4L, GA interior swap, scrapped...
tw0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 12:30 AM   #4
rustyballs_69
Its Beer Thirty

rustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to rustyballs_69
How clean is the tank? Crap on the inside of the tank will cause this. If the sensor was bad the light would always be on. If your tank is dirty take it out and wash it out with a hose.
rustyballs_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 12:31 AM   #5
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw0123 View Post
could have an air pocket in the line... it could cause a quick blip through the sensor...

negative. the sensors located in the surge tank and u will not get a bubble in that tank that will effect the sensor. And i say that with comfidence because when i got my car with bad hgs it blew combustion gasses into the cooling system and never caused the light to come on.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:12 AM   #6
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
Tank is very clean. Fluid level still good. It hasn't done it any tonight... Maybe it didn't want to sit in the cold parking lot at work... O.o
And ya, that sensor is at the bottom on the tank, is an air bubble is down there... Well, let's just say if that manages to happen, then I better be in my back seat with Katy Perry.
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 02:14 AM   #7
Hellfire5670
GL Member

Hellfire5670 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by a.graham52 View Post
negative. the sensors located in the surge tank and u will not get a bubble in that tank that will effect the sensor. And i say that with comfidence because when i got my car with bad hgs it blew combustion gasses into the cooling system and never caused the light to come on.

Exactly what happened with mine!

Quote:
then I better be in my back seat with Katy Perry.

HA!
Hellfire5670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 02:33 AM   #8
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Just hit the coolant tank a bit to knock the floating sensor loose.... not a big deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.graham52 View Post
u will not get a bubble in that tank that will effect the sensor. And i say that with comfidence because when i got my car with bad hgs it blew combustion gasses into the cooling system and never caused the light to come on.
Right...... must've been a wimpy headgasket leak. Mine always blasted the coolant out the overflow, dropping the level down to trip the sensor.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote