GX Member

scotty11811 is on a distinguished road
Oil pressure gauge

Anyone ever install one? If so HOW?
scotty11811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:07 PM   #2
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Buy the gauge, go to Home Depot and go into the brass plumbing area and buy 1/8 inch brass "T" fitting. If all they have is female,female,female buy a 1/8 inch brass male male pipe. Make the tee, put your new sending unit on one side, stock sending unit on the other.

Be sure to use teflon tape on all threads. You don't need a lot.

Then hook up wiring to the gauge for ing (if it's electrical) lighting and ground

I would think the oil pressure fitting is around the starter, but a 2.2 Eco guy will have to confirm

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:12 PM   #3
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
i remember when ken helped me with mine.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 02:05 AM   #4
scotty11811
GX Member

scotty11811 is on a distinguished road
im still confused sorry guys lol
scotty11811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 02:47 AM   #5
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
OK here is one example of a tee fitting

However I don't suggest buying this for 2 reasons. One it's $15 and two IDK if it will fit in the location needed. Plus you MIGHT be able to get this at Home Depot for less than $5

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/NO...5NOS/?rtype=10

This is a Nitrous Oxide System (yes the company is called NOS for short) brass tee fitting. These do work for oil fittings. I currently have this fitting for a tee fitting in my Delta. I had this same fitting in my old Delta as well. I didn't pay $15 for it either. The gauge mounting cup I bought for my tach came with a 3 inch long brass tube, and a tee fitting like this so you could use the cup for a fuel pressure gauge. I used these fittings to hook up my oil gauge and stock oil light.

Basicly, you take the male end, the threaded end that you see. It sticks out, thus a male end, take out the stock pressure unit and put this in there.

Then you screw the stock pressure sender in one of the female holes, you do not see the threads in the pic, thus it receives a male end. Do the same in the other hole with teh gauge sending unit. Don't forget the teflon tape on the male ends.

OK I'll make it easier to understand.

Think of the tee fitting as a really funky up party. A guy see a really hot girl during a really heavy duty night of drinking. She's ready to party, but she has a couple of guy friends and wants to have a full out orgy. The guy is totally effed up and he's like "Yeah, SURE!"

So the guy goes back to her place with these other guys. The girl (tee fitting) jumps onto a guy (stock oil sending unit) "reverse cowgirl" after putting a condom on him (teflon tape) and starts having fun. Then guy number 2 (gauge oil sending unit) puts on a condom (teflon tape) joins the party. However guy 1 and 2 are so drunk out of their minds they didn't notice that the girl (tee fitting) is really a transsexual and she already has a condom on (teflon tape) and is sticking it to guy number 3 (engine block) And it's okay that guy 3 (engine block) got some lube (oil) on the threads. As long as there is a condom (teflon tape) on the girl (tee fitting) the lube will help screw it in better.

The moral of the story, if you don't use teflon tape, you may be OK, but would you take the chance?

Let's get you this far, then we will work on wiring

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177

Last edited by Redog : 02-23-2012 at 02:55 AM.
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:01 AM   #6
spc2125
GLS member

spc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond repute
^^^^^^^^

Check out my alero!
Aleromod Showcase Video
spc2125 is offline   Reply With Quote