Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 03-23-2009, 03:41 PM   #1
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
My Issues Compacted Into One Thread

My 3400's issues and what i need help on :/

did my LIMG, now when to start the car, and the sound of no compression wafted over me.... i need a few questions asked,

1. what is the DEFINITE pushrod order for the back of the engine and the front side?
i have

E I E I I E

and E = Exhaust and I = Intake

E I I E I E

and, the car ran nicely before the change, although, the oil was WHITE. i dont know if the headgasket has failed me in between the time of the change and now? or what.... its a 3400 LA1 V6.

here is some more information pulled from my post on yahoo! answers

I just completed a LIMG (lower intake manifold gasket) chage on my 99 olds alero coupe, the car ran nicely before the change, now the car sounds like it has no compression on 5 cylinders, it never started, just hucked and farted like it wanted to, and keeps making loud pops out of the intake, followed by exhaust smoke, and normal exhaust smell, the pushrods are in the correct orders, and the gasket is in correctly, now, when i put the rockers on, they depress the valves slightly, and 2 depress all the way down, why is this? (this is on one side btw) but the opposite side does the same thing, two depress all the way down, and the rest depress slightly, why is this and what do i do to correct it?

The firing order is correct, there seems to be no compression on at least 4 cylinders, because one is firing, i was told 14 Ft LBS on the rockers is the correct torque spec.. help?

i pulled all the pushrods out of the engine, that step is necessary to complete the step of removing the old gasket, the gasket is behind the set of push rods, and you need to remove them all to get the old gasket out, and the new revised metal one in

Well, im NOT SURE i did not mes the pushrod order up, is there a way to make the rockers touch, but like (sit) on the valves and depress the proper ones for the firing and timing order of the engine
Old 03-23-2009, 04:14 PM   #2
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
bump, need the help!!!
Old 03-23-2009, 07:16 PM   #3
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Ryan from Ohio will become famous soon enough
http://60degreev6.com/forum/f97/3-1-...933/post295222

Learn from my mistakes...

Im coming up with 24 Ft/Lbs for the rocker amp bolts.

You MUST only torque them down when all pressure is OFF the valve. You will have to spin the motor over with a wrench. Take the spark plugs out to do this...

Log on to Auto Zones site and use the vehicle repair guides. They are awesome.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:18 PM   #4
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan from Ohio View Post
http://60degreev6.com/forum/f97/3-1-...933/post295222

Learn from my mistakes...

Im coming up with 24 Ft/Lbs for the rocker amp bolts.

You MUST only torque them down when all pressure is OFF the valve. You will have to spin the motor over with a wrench. Take the spark plugs out to do this...

Log on to Auto Zones site and use the vehicle repair guides. They are awesome.

so, thats my problem? because i just threw them back on there, tightnin or not so this might me my issue?
Old 03-23-2009, 08:05 PM   #5
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

know what? that anwered my question completely

if my ho runs because of you, i will, personally at ASS, detail your car for free
Old 03-23-2009, 10:05 PM   #6
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

I will pre sweep out my booger collection.

Couldnt resist!
Old 03-23-2009, 10:13 PM   #7
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan from Ohio View Post
I will pre sweep out my booger collection.

Couldnt resist!

good, im not going that far, i find a booger, nearest person gets to meet mr. sinus issues
Old 03-24-2009, 09:19 AM   #8
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

come on now. Who is going to take a dirty nasty car to a car show?