Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 04-19-2008, 01:39 PM   #1
irondiezl3
GLS member

irondiezl3 is on a distinguished road
misfire?

if u have a misfire in ur engine would it throw a code? can brand of spark plug wire really change or alter the cars idling?
irondiezl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 02:18 PM   #2
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Sometimes it would, sometimes no. depends on how bad / often the misfire is.

PLug wires qon't alter idle, but the thicker wire would give less resistance, but that's about it.

8mm wires are good

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 02:21 PM   #3
super white alero1
Trying to get it together

super white alero1 is on a distinguished road
Partial misfire may not throw a code or may throw a P0300. If your engine running rough, and no code show yet. Clean ur MAF first see if that improves.
super white alero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 02:58 PM   #4
irondiezl3
GLS member

as dumb as this sounds how do u clean the maf u mean the screen correct?
Old 04-19-2008, 03:27 PM   #5
rustyballs_69
Its Beer Thirty

rustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to rustyballs_69
Quote:
Originally Posted by irondiezl3 View Post
as dumb as this sounds how do u clean the maf u mean the screen correct?

You can clean the whole thing. Just buy a can of MAF cleaner, take your MAF off the car and go to town on it. Just don't hit the wires inside. Let it dry before you reinstall it.
rustyballs_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 03:30 PM   #6
super white alero1
Trying to get it together

super white alero1 is on a distinguished road
A little more detail you can use carb cleaner or brake cleaner as well. Don't use anything abrasive, that may damage the 2 hair thin wires. Definite no compress air.
super white alero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 03:42 PM   #7
irondiezl3
GLS member

this is just the square block in the intake tubing ur talking about correct? ive already cleaned the throttle body out i read a post somewhere that said dont disconnect the maf and clean it cuz the engine will run like sh*t after you reinstall it. this assuming the maf is the square piece that looks like a honey comb inside.
Old 04-20-2008, 09:11 PM   #8
rustyballs_69
Its Beer Thirty

rustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to rustyballs_69
Quote:
Originally Posted by irondiezl3 View Post
this is just the square block in the intake tubing ur talking about correct? ive already cleaned the throttle body out i read a post somewhere that said dont disconnect the maf and clean it cuz the engine will run like sh*t after you reinstall it. this assuming the maf is the square piece that looks like a honey comb inside.

Yes the MAF is the square thing that has the honey comb screen in it and where ever you read about not taking it off didn't know what they were talking about. I have had mine off many times and never had a problem.
rustyballs_69 is offline   Reply With Quote