Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 04-27-2008, 08:39 PM   #1
irondiezl3
GLS member

irondiezl3 is on a distinguished road
putting a new one on

im putting the pacesetter cat back on my 04 alero shouldnt i change my cat converter while im down there replacing shit i mean it is 4 years old? i cant fathem putting new exhaust on a rusty converter
irondiezl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 09:00 PM   #2
YALEROYNOT
GLS member

YALEROYNOT is on a distinguished road
I did just for the fact I didn't want to fight with it. also if you are going to I would upgrade your cat. I put a high flow ss magna flow and a new o2 sensor ( Have not had any codes eather) rs auto parts is where I got my cat it was $140 shipped and that was a 2.5 down pipe and ss mangna flow cat.

www.rsautoparts.com

build it to break it, if it breaks it was not built well enuff !
=OFF ALL NARCOTICS ADDICTION FREE PAIN MANAGEMENT FTMFW ."million of years ago the continents were connected...." THATS FUNNY THE EARTH IS ONLY ABOUT 6000 YEARS OLD AND THEY STILL ARE CONNECTED JACK*@# !!! click here www.chronicpainanonymous.org

Last edited by YALEROYNOT : 04-27-2008 at 09:04 PM.
YALEROYNOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 09:27 PM   #3
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
agree might be getting clogged so you might not see that much improvement with the old cad converter
Old 04-27-2008, 10:56 PM   #4
irondiezl3
GLS member

sory when u say downpipe idk what that means isnt the exhaust 2 and 1/4 i found the magnaflow at my local autoparts store y do u say u didnt get codes i could get them with a performance converter? can i take off the convertermyself? isit as easy as the exhaust i heard the exhaust is easy to do? i want to do the cat to but im worried ill need to take a welder to cut it off? anyone got step by step instructions?
Old 04-28-2008, 07:06 AM   #5
YALEROYNOT
GLS member

the cat is welded to the down pipe (front pipe) witch is connected to the exhaust manifold. so by gettin a new cat and down pipe with a new exhaust it is all bolt on from the motor thru the tail pipes. the stock alero down pipe is 2.25 and the exhaust is 2" increasing the size will help you hp and fuel milage. for the 3.4 liter engine the exhaust should have been 2.25 min from the factory.

what-do-i-need-to-know-about-my-exhaust

heres a nice tail pipe you might want to get

=OFF ALL NARCOTICS ADDICTION FREE PAIN MANAGEMENT FTMFW ."million of years ago the continents were connected...." THATS FUNNY THE EARTH IS ONLY ABOUT 6000 YEARS OLD AND THEY STILL ARE CONNECTED JACK*@# !!! click here www.chronicpainanonymous.org

Last edited by YALEROYNOT : 04-28-2008 at 07:09 AM.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:08 AM   #6
irondiezl3
GLS member

so alls i need to buy then is the new cat with the pacesetter cat back exhaust i ordered and thats prettmuch the entire thing from the motor then right.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:12 AM   #7
YALEROYNOT
GLS member

yes if the cat comes with the down pipe. they do sell cats by them selfs with no pipe attached

Old 04-28-2008, 06:28 PM   #8
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
getting a name brand cat vs getting a good cat are 2 different storys.. we were doing some stuff to my friends Accord and got the biggest fart can possible. Its not even a muffler.. its just a huge 3 in pipe It looks like its off a cummins

Last edited by xXManwhoreXx : 05-23-2008 at 07:13 PM.
xXManwhoreXx is offline   Reply With Quote