Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 10-22-2008, 10:04 PM   #1
GL2Alero
GX Member

GL2Alero is on a distinguished road
fuel pressure regulator and oil leak

So I discovered my fuel pressure regulator is leaking fuel. Do I need to replace the regulator or just the o-rings? Is there a way to tell if the regulator is bad and not just the o-rings?

Also, ever since I have been parking on a sloped driveway the engine is leaking oil pretty bad. Does anybody else have oil leak problems? I cant tell exactly where it is coming from but its from the front of the engine closer to the firewall. I cant tell if it is front main seal or oil pan gasket or something else. any ideas?

'01 Alero 3400 135,000 miles. One owner. Replaced LIM myself this past spring.
GL2Alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 10:10 PM   #2
CactusWill
GLS member

CactusWill is on a distinguished road
Well, whatever you do, don't drive it until you get the fuel leak fixed...

As for the oil leak, oil pan gaskets are cheap. Replace that first, then see if its still leaking.
CactusWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 11:45 PM   #3
Midgear
on vacation

Midgear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Midgear Send a message via Yahoo to Midgear
depends on where you're leaking fuel from.. is it coming from the top, bottom, or side of the regulator?

as for your oil leak, check your valve cover gaskets / any other gaskets that hold oil in the engine, check your oil filter too-

Midgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 11:46 PM   #4
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
i hear pull off the vacuum line on the FPR and if fuel comes out that's bad

if it's leaking from the bottom where the fuel return line is or where it slides into the rail then it's the o-rings
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 11:49 PM   #5
Midgear
on vacation

^^ Mine was spewing fuel out the top just the other day.. the part that inserts into the fuel rail bent and cracked a bit.. this caused fuel to get sucked into that vacuum line lol.

car sounded like it was cammed out the ass when i'd first start it after lettin it sit for a couple hours. all fixed now.

Old 10-22-2008, 11:56 PM   #6
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
sounds odd, 3400 FPRs must be different
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 01:13 AM   #7
Midgear
on vacation

The opening with the screen in it.. that entire piece was bent upwards and smashed back into the FPR.. I have no idea how it happened.. I think someone tried to pry it off O_o

it was spewin fuel out the top where the vacuum line connects.. and when I shut my car off, all the fuel pressure was released into said vacuum line.. which went into the intake manifold. so when I started the car after sitting.. it bogged and farted large amounts of black smoke.

Old 10-24-2008, 10:29 AM   #8
GL2Alero
GX Member

GL2Alero is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the help. It wasnt leaking out the vacuum port but I just went ahead and bought a new one. Fixed it right up. As for the oil leak I will have to work on later.
GL2Alero is offline   Reply With Quote