Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > How-To Archive & FAQ

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-08-2008, 04:04 PM   #1
olds03alero
GX Member

olds03alero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to olds03alero
How to: Lows highs and fogs at same time

Here is a how to have your fogs, low beams and high beams on for your high beams. it is much brighter and i have had it on my car for approx 6 months without a problem.

First you will need about 5-6 ft of 20 gauge wire. depends on where you are planning on running your relays to. An inline fuse block with 10 amp fuse, 2 25amp automotive relays, 8-10 20 gauge splice clips, 8-10 20 guage female quick connect terminals, 1 20 gauge ring terminal, wire strippers, crimpers and some electrical tape.

Second You will need to find a suitable location to put your relays. i put mine on the drivers side inner fender behind where the stock intake is supposed to be.

Third you will need to tap into your factory wiring and run your wires to the relays. On the 4-pin connector that goes into your drivers side headlight you will need to splice into the blue and pink wires. make sure the wire you attach to the splice clips is long enough to get to the relays.

I also wrapped those 2 wires up with electrical tape and put them inside the harness that the rest of the wiring runs in. now when the wires get to the relays just put a female connector on the blue wire and put it on terminal 87 of your first relay. then put another piece of wire on the end of the pink wire, just 3-4 inches long depending on how far apart your relays are. and then put a female connector on each stripped end. then attach the connectors to terminal 85 on both relays. then you will need to tap into the purple wire going to your drivers side foglight. run that to the relays and attach to terminal 30 on the 2nd relay (the one that the blue wire isn't attached to. Next you will need to get a power and ground source. for the ground i used the screw that i attached the one relay to the inner fender with. i used a 3-4 inch piece of wire with the ring terminal on one end and a female on the other. attach this to terminal 30 on the first relay. then use the large power source on your underhood relay panel for your pwer to the relays. break to nut loose and attach your inline fuse block but do not install fuse until you are done wiring.

you will need to use slice clips to send power to terminal 86 on relay 1 and terminals 87 and 86 on relay 2. i know that was kinda bad explanation so here is my wiring diagram.

after you have it all wired up then install your fuse and try it out. if you don't want to have your fogs come on or don't have fogs just dont install relay 2.

If you have any questions just email me
olds03alero is offline   Reply With Quote