Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 12-06-2003, 11:11 AM   #1
99ALERO

I want to get a set of ported upper and lower intake manifolds since i have a leaky lower one I might as well start modding it out. Looking at the product reviews i only seen one for RSM Racing. Anyone want to give your thoughts on what brands are nice or which ones I should stay away from.

THANKS!!!
Old 12-06-2003, 12:12 PM   #2
Alerosince99

I believe both dr speed and APOC offer them as well. I dont think you would see much gain with just the uim and lim. A port matched 62mm tb and some headwork would probably be needed to see significant gains.

I have taked with the fellas at portpros.com and they will do work for our engines. Im not sure if they would be willing to just to the intake manis though.

You may be able to find a local shop to do the work for less.

Ive been taking my time on getting mine done as I want a professional job that Ill be proud of.

Good luck.
Old 12-06-2003, 10:18 PM   #3
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
I bought a ported and polished Upper and Lower Manifold and a TB from RSM racing a little while ago. I love it. I was going to go with APoC, but I hear of a lot of problems with the long wait.

You may be able to get it done localy for cheaper, but sometimes that will make your car not emission legal and that's not a good thing.

With RSM it looks stock which is good with the dealer h34r:

If you do buy from Dr Speed, let me know. I want to buy that CAI and for race use only.

Manifold job will add from 23 to 27 HP. A TB, from 5 to 8 HP more :thumbsup:

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 12:26 PM   #4
Final-Reality

ANY ported manifold is going to look stock.. it's on the inside that counts. h34r:

Also, who told you that a ported intake manifold gives you 23 to 27 HP? :rolleyes:
Old 12-07-2003, 01:46 PM   #5
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
I did the research on the manifold, an upper will add 11 to 13HP, lower 12 to 14HP. Thats where I get 23 to 27 HP :thumbsup:

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote