Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 08-05-2012, 09:12 AM   #1
wws944
GX Member

wws944 is on a distinguished road
Visor clip removal

One of the mods I would like to make is to install a compass mirror. (This will be the subject of a future thread.) To do this, I need to drop the front of the headliner down a bit in order to access the wiring and possibly route new wires.

I went over to the local Pick-N-Pull yesterday, for some other things, and took a look at how the Alero/Grand Am visor clips work. Basically one has to pry out the little square slider thing on the back side in order to release the tangs holding the clip into the roof structure. But on the one I removed, the plastic got kind of mangled in the process. Is there a trick to doing this so that the clip remains in perfect condition?
Old 08-05-2012, 09:59 AM   #2
03Sleepr
Premier V.I.P. Member

03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute
maybe you could find some new clips, so you don't have to worry about messing your current ones up..try rockauto

here, I found these part numbers on GAGT for you..

Sun Visor Clip
22691121 Pewter
10428750 Oak
22691120 Neutral
03Sleepr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:33 AM   #3
wws944
GX Member

Good point. Fortunately they still seem to be available from GM. Nally lists them for only about $5 each (+s/h...) which means my local dealer would probably charge $10. Still, it would be nice to be able to reuse the original ones.
Old 08-05-2012, 04:58 PM   #4
rustyballs_69
Its Beer Thirty

rustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to rustyballs_69
You just push the clip in and pull the clip down.
rustyballs_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 05:17 PM   #5
wws944
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyballs_69 View Post
You just push the clip in and pull the clip down.

Duh. That works great. Thanks!
Old 08-05-2012, 05:26 PM   #6
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by wws944 View Post
Good point. Fortunately they still seem to be available from GM. Nally lists them for only about $5 each (+s/h...) which means my local dealer would probably charge $10. Still, it would be nice to be able to reuse the original ones.

gaurentee they would ask more, i went to my local GM dealer and they wanted 106$ for a new fog light.......

best of luck with mirror install!
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote