Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 08-06-2012, 09:19 AM   #1
paul ron
GX Member

paul ron is on a distinguished road
Wheel bearings... sensors working or not?

I had the wheel bearings changed on both sides of my 2000 Alero 2.4, 60,000miles.

My question is how do I know the new sensors are working properly? Before I had the bearings done, when I drove over a patch of rough road that is on my regular route I'd get the LOW TRAC light come on. The light has always come on since the car was new 12 years ago. But since doing the bearings the light never comes on now no matter how fast I hit the rough patch.

Is this an indication the sensors aren't working or not hooked up properly? Will this effect the operation of the anti loc brakes or anything else associated with these sensors?

Is there a test I can do to assure me the sensors are working? Should I take it back to the mechanic that did the job?

Thanks.
paul ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:09 AM   #2
jawa
Powered by LX9

jawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to jawa
test it. take on a gravel road, get up to around 40 and slam on the breaks and see if the antilock kicks ok

jawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:33 PM   #3
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
My low trac light comes on when i hit pot holes and shit. You car probably has low trac....
Old 08-07-2012, 01:02 AM   #4
paul ron
GX Member

paul ron is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXManwhoreXx View Post
My low trac light comes on when i hit pot holes and shit. You car probably has low trac....

Yes my LOW TRAC light use to come on when I hit potholes n shit but doesn't now with the new bearings. WHY?

I don' tunderstand your last comment... "you car probably has low trac" what does that mean?

I'll slam on the brakes tomorrow to see if the anti lock light comes on.

thanks

paul ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:45 AM   #5
jawa