Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 08-04-2009, 08:13 AM   #41
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteV6 View Post
All future mounts will be black bushings.

For those that have the mount, feel free to write a review on the store so others know what these are all about. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
in the future.. will you be able to get red bushings? or will black be the only option from here on out?

really?
Old 08-04-2009, 08:25 AM   #42
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
ive had mine installed for about 2 weeks now and it is stiffer, its a little shakier at idle and it takes some getting used to.

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 08:28 AM   #43
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackal2000 View Post
really?

I'm wondering if it could ever possibly be an option. I wouldn't be able to ask that question, if i didn't read his previous entry...
Old 08-04-2009, 09:33 AM   #44
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteV6 View Post
I have 2 left for sale. They have red bushings instead of the black bushings pictured. All future mounts will be black bushings.

For those that have the mount, feel free to write a review on the store so others know what these are all about. Thanks!

red bushings? and the price?
Old 08-04-2009, 04:20 PM   #45
WhiteV6
Wide Open Throttle

WhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond repute
Last one is pending sale tonight. I do not plan on buying red bushings but I will be doing a group buy for the next batch so I can hopefully run a larger batch...and will have to buy bushings anyway. At that point, you can tell me you want red. Most people wanted black and any that I stock outside of a group buy will be black.

179.99 will be the group buy price.
WhiteV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 04:21 PM   #46
WhiteV6
Wide Open Throttle

WhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond repute
Gr1m, did you notice anything else besides idle? Is it worth the vibration difference over stock?
Old 08-04-2009, 04:22 PM   #47
WhiteV6
Wide Open Throttle

#3, my friend just called me a post whore because I didn't edit my other post
Old 08-04-2009, 09:32 PM   #48
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

my car is now back on the road and i will be able to give you a decent evaluation now that i replaced my broken air strut and got an alignment

Old 08-04-2009, 11:50 PM   #49
hok666
GLS member

hok666 is an unknown quantity at this point
I guess Ill be on the next group buy... How long until your ready?
hok666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:55 PM   #50
01GrandAm
GX Member

01GrandAm is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr1m View Post
ive had mine installed for about 2 weeks now and it is stiffer, its a little shakier at idle and it takes some getting used to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr1m View Post
my car is now back on the road and i will be able to give you a decent evaluation now that i replaced my broken air strut and got an alignment

Did you install the rubber pads under the mount where it meets the frame?

I am wondering if the air struts combined with a stiffer mount make any difference as far as vibrations are concerned or if the broken strut was part of the problem?

I am running the stock suspension and the only noticeable increase in vibration is at a stop light with the A/C on, which I noticed even with the stock mount. The vibration is very minor (the wife doesn't notice it) especially with the radio on and if I switch the A/C off, it immediate goes away due to less load on the engine.
01GrandAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 12:06 AM   #51
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by hok666 View Post
I guess Ill be on the next group buy... How long until your ready?

same.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:38 AM   #52
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

mine is noticeably more shakier at idle, i have intake headers/exhaust done to my car with an air ride so im sure that contributes to it as well

Old 09-15-2009, 11:08 AM   #53
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
i just took it out of the box and gave it a good look over. IT'S BEAUTIFUL! i hope to have it installed this weekend or early next week.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:12 AM   #54
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

you can really notice the difference if you are making, say a U-turn while giving it gas at around 20+ mph

Old 09-15-2009, 03:37 PM   #55
mfuller

I did not install the rubber pads beneath the mount, and I really did not notice any more vibration........of course, I have had a poly/aluminum front trans mount for years so maybe I'm just used to it.
Awesome product, and it is very pretty.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:03 PM   #56
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
I've been sitting on it for a while.

I had everything apart but I couldn't budge 2 of the bolts (I hope I didn't cross thread them when I changed the belt )

Got my impact gun out, but I didn't have an 18 mm deep socket. I do now.

Hope to do this this weekend

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 09:22 PM   #57
bkathsalero
GL Member

bkathsalero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to bkathsalero
/\/\ The only way I have seen people really cross thread the motor mount is when they don't have the engine jacked up to the right hight and raise the motor basically with brute force turning the bolts.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:24 PM   #58
01GrandAm
GX Member

01GrandAm is on a distinguished road
I just ordered a second mount for my project car. I was told that they are in stock and ready to ship!

The shifts feel much more crisp, the handling in corners feels a lot tighter and over all the car feels more responsive. I have also noticed that wheel spin is almost non existent on hard launches. This is a nice improvement for any car and will fit both the 2.4L and the 3.4L.
01GrandAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 10:25 PM   #59
WhiteV6
Wide Open Throttle

Would love more feedback on these. I already had 25 more made and they are collecting dust now.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:31 PM   #60
Caboose73

Ill be getting one as soon as i finish my engine build