Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Aleromod.com Showcase

View Poll Results: When should i drop the engine in?
As soon as i get it 33 55.00%
Wait till spring/end of snow 27 45.00%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-02-2009, 07:15 PM   #61
Caboose73

Quote:
Originally Posted by YALEROYNOT View Post
did I read that right? putting 1k or more down on a 4k loan ?

ya the more you put down the less you pay and more likely they will give it to you and my bank only does 1k or 5k loans
Old 09-22-2009, 05:23 PM   #62
Caboose73

Well due to a few unseen events my build was put on hold but its back up and running again.The motor is together now and ready to be shipped out next week

Old 09-22-2009, 06:27 PM   #63
knuckleballer32
GX Member

knuckleballer32 is on a distinguished road
wow wanna trade?
knuckleballer32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 06:23 AM   #64
Caboose73

Ok so im meeting Marcus in 2 weeks to pick this bad boy up in NY but i need some help.The car is going to be stored outside under a take down car port thing for the winter should i drop the engine in now and drive it around for maybe a month before it starts snowing or should i just keep the engine in my house and put it in after winter?
Old 10-04-2009, 07:31 AM   #65
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
after winter.... with me :P
Old 10-04-2009, 03:55 PM   #66
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

JLw7123 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JLw7123 Send a message via Yahoo to JLw7123 Send a message via Skype™ to JLw7123
After winter because it is better weather
1999 auburn mist metallic gls sedan R.I.P
2005 Subaru legacy 2.5i 190k. New rims and tires for summer.
JLw7123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 03:57 PM   #67
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
After winter because you have no reason to rush if you aren't even going to drive it.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 09:13 PM   #68
zoL
Premier V.I.P. Member

zoL is on a distinguished road
I don't know anything about anything, but if it doesn't matter which time you do it, I'd personally rather just get it over with now.

"If the author of the Declaration of Independence were to utter such a sentiment today, the Post Office Department could exclude him from the mail, grand juries could indict him for sedition and criminal syndicalism, legislative committees could seize his private papers ... and United States Senators would be clamoring for his deportation that he... should be sent back to live with the rest of the terrorists." - Frank I. Cobb
zoL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:19 PM   #69
Caboose73

So i need some help before tomorrow were do i bolt up the chains to lift the engine out of the bay?
Old 10-26-2009, 10:56 PM   #70
Paul.C
GX Member

Paul.C is on a distinguished road
Hey man im new but i have been reading your posts and loving it. i wish i had a standard tranny ut of course i have the v6 3.4 and well i feel like i can try to make it a standard and with every thing you have done i i wanted to help you out with this. ill get back to you tomorrow on the lift mounts but i would be waiting till after the winter to be putting that bad boy in. like i said ill be back tomorrow with the lift stuff though
Paul.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 06:37 PM   #71
Caboose73

It begins

so started pulling the old motor out Friday

My buddy posing with the old motor after we got it out

Then i took a long road trip to meet Markus and pick up the motor out in western NY left at 6am didn't get back till 8pm but it was well worth it
and the last of the pics i got was the new one going in
The motor is in and everything all bolted up now i just need to put on the alternator,a/c compressor,tensioner and a few random plugs and ill be ready to start this bitch up and i would also like to thank Nate and Zack for coming down to my house to help me with the swap and im sorry i don't have more pics but it was a long weekend and taking pics was the last thing on my mind.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:02 PM   #72
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
i did most of the unbolting... charlie only came after i left... the engine is EXTREMELY nice, it will make very very good power...

i leanred something, DONT pull an engine in a nor'easter
Old 12-02-2009, 03:50 PM   #73
Caboose73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate's Alero View Post
i did most of the unbolting... charlie only came after i left... the engine is EXTREMELY nice, it will make very very good power...

i leanred something, DONT pull an engine in a nor'easter

and also dont pull axles out if you cant get them back in
Old 12-02-2009, 07:03 PM   #74
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

DOHC_tuner is on a distinguished road
Hey Caboose nice engine. One thing I recommend is wire tucking. I neglected that issue on my engine bay so now I am resolving it. And I'll tell you the bay looks sooooooo much better. Oh and please no blue wire loom.
DOHC_tuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 08:44 PM   #75
Caboose73

ya cleaned as much of the dirt and grease as i could when the engine was out i didnt even think of tucking the wires.What you didnt like all my blue wire loom no my other car?
Old 12-03-2009, 11:22 AM   #76
hok666
GLS member

hok666 is an unknown quantity at this point
nice project, now more pics.. I might want a 2dr alero with the I4 someday
hok666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 01:38 AM   #77
Caboose73

Well i got more pics for you guys

It sounds great started up the 1st time we tried cranking it now i just have to put 1k miles on it before the real fun starts.
Old 12-06-2009, 01:41 AM   #78
Ttop191
GLS member

Ttop191 will become famous soon enoughTtop191 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Ttop191 Send a message via MSN to Ttop191
Looking good, now you just need to clean up the bay
Old 12-06-2009, 08:15 AM   #79
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

hey man, did you drive it home?

when i left, you were so close to finishing, and did that silicone fix the dex leak?
Old 12-06-2009, 11:02 AM   #80
Caboose73

ya the leak is fixed for now and its all set we got the axle in around 1130 but i didnt drive it home cause of all the snow.