Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Aleromod.com Showcase

Old 03-14-2010, 01:42 AM   #21
alerogls001
GL Member

alerogls001 is on a distinguished road
I see what you're saying so I'll keep that in mind as I expand lol. Thanks.

MP Racing CAI, Pacesetter Exhaust, and PCM. High flow CAT. KYB GR2 struts. Canuck Motorsport Springs. Cross drilled rotors. Stern ST18 17" rims.
alerogls001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 08:39 AM   #22
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

XanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to XanderWiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfi3400 View Post
you people make it hard its 3am i dont want to go on a treasure hunt i want the answer

I know this pain...ROFL
Old 03-14-2010, 08:46 AM   #23
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

XanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to XanderWiFi
"The thing is it CAN BE done, you just got to REALLY want it AND be willing to do the work, not have someone else do it for you like some people I can point out on this site."

...I fear I am one of these people...

Any questions, just ask. The people here on this site are more than willing to help and some are just loaded with information waiting to spill.
-Smurf-[/quote]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TdotAlero View Post
It's a simple "cut and tap" process. If you have a rough idea of where to tap the wires and how to do so, then the whole process should take you 30 minutes. If you don't know how to, it would be safer to ask someone to do it for you. As cigarette plug is just a easy way to get power...

This is what throws me too. I've looked at Cherri's led how-tos and it all looks relatively easy to make. But I am terrified of the "maybe this goes here..." Sphzzt!! Car-cablooie.

Looks like they set the mood real nicely though. Something like this is on my list but very groovy indeed.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:44 PM   #24
sfi3400
GL Member

sfi3400 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to sfi3400 Send a message via Yahoo to sfi3400
Yea i'm slowly getting my car to where it should be, im going in the wrong way i think, adding clear corners then HID's,grill mesh,exhaust system, belltronics radar, then work on the rust
Old 03-14-2010, 01:22 PM   #25
MotorCity
GL Member

MotorCity is on a distinguished road
Learning is a fun experience. if you do it wrong once, trust me you won't again lol

I am beyond help...
MotorCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 04:53 PM   #26
Stickybuddz420
GX Member

Stickybuddz420 is on a distinguished road
Thanx for the props, I will keep updating while it is under construction, It is my daily driver so it will take time, and yeah as to doing it myself, I would much rather learn off my own mistakes than others, and with a little common sense of electricity and urn to learn a little then hey, why not? besides, makes me feel proud knowing I did it all myself, of course suggestions are always welcome, in the end it will be unique to me.

No More Cobalts - 2 12" Punch HE2's
1100W BOSS CHAOS Mono Amp
Stickybuddz420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 05:20 PM   #27
PappaSmurf
GLS member

PappaSmurf is on a distinguished road
Xanderwifi,
You are NOT one of the ones I was referring too.
It really is easy and TRUST ME, once yall learn what goes where and what DOESN't goe there AND WHY (blown fuses, "shocking" ooutcomes) then yall will have the jist of things and not need to ask anymore, cause yall will be doing it yourselves. It just takes yall to get over the, "I dont wanna blow up my car" phase to actually get in there and learn. This was also a problem for ME, when I first started.

Sfi,
Yeah I would say that you are going about it backwards, LOL. If I was you and knowing your situation, this is what I would do
1. adding clear corners (done)
2. then HID's (will improve light output and also give your car a luxurious look)
3. Warm air intake (the more air in the faster acceleration)
4. exhaust system (more air in needs = more air out)
5. then work on the rust (can be done while still being a daily driver, talk to bdyman for more on this)

This is ONLY MY OPINION, and what I would do in and SHOULD NOT be taken in ANY way that this is what you have to do in order to be cool in my book or whatever. LOL
-Smurf-
Old 03-14-2010, 05:31 PM   #28
PappaSmurf
GLS member

PappaSmurf is on a distinguished road
Motorcity.
I know of this atrocity you speak of. LMAO

Sticky,
You are more than welcome and PLEASE keep us updated. I am always wanting to see what people have done to their ho.
-Smurf-
Old 03-14-2010, 05:36 PM   #29
colonel6632
Premier V.I.P. Member

colonel6632 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to colonel6632
pappasmurf i have to agree with you. but it does depend on what you want to do wih your car.

if you want to go only performance.
then intake, headers, exhaust. then get the parts for turbo if thats what you want, or cams and such.

if you want overall everything (like alot of us) pappa has it right.

personally i did things in the wrong order in my opinion.
what i wish i would of done is
intake, then exhuast. then i wish i would of installed my stereo. my car currently needs the bumpers repainted. so i'm going to wait and save up for a body kit, and just paint that.

i dont get alot done. but i feel like i'm saving money. i have parts for my exhaust, but i figure wait, and do it right the first time. look at what you want to do long term, and no alot short term.

hopefully this makes as much sense in text as it did in my head.
just trying to help.

2005 Silverado 2500HD w/ 6.0l Vortec 4L80E
Tuned 6.0l, exhaust, intake, with 450000km on the odometer. Tow Rig

1985 Pontiac Trans Am GTA w/ 5.7 Vortec 700r4
mild vortec 350 with 4 speed auto. performance suspension. factory gold color. project car
colonel6632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 06:51 PM   #30
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderWiFi View Post
This is what throws me too. I've looked at Cherri's led how-tos and it all looks relatively easy to make. But I am terrified of the "maybe this goes here..." Sphzzt!! Car-cablooie.

if you wire something wrong, it blows a fuse. no big deal. replace fuse, do over.

the only time you "short" something... is when you connect a positive lead, to a negative. If your paranoid, use tape and label the wires. It makes everything fool proof.

ontop of that, all you need is a good DIGITAL multimeter and a power supply to bench test your setup first.