Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 07-18-2012, 09:50 AM   #1
fisdad
I do what I want to Sheep & Goats

fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad
wai install question

So I got my ho back yesterday and this morning I began to install the wai that I bought a couple of weeks ago.

Everything is installed and seems to be running properly, however the hole for the whatever sensor is on the rear near the fuse box on my new intake. My wiring doesn't reach far enough to plug in like I need to and I don't want to splice engine wiring.

Second, the grommet that was in there was WAY to small for the sensor and in an effort to bore it out, I killed it. I'm going to get another one... Is the cavalier sensor a different shape? If so, can I just get one of those for my car?
My screen name should be changed to Jizzdaddy. I was anally raped by flying monkeys and loved it. I promise to never threaten anyones daughters again because I know it will result in my ahoe being severely widened. - Did Andy just say that he wants to fk my ahoe... ewww. Sorry old man, but you're not my type.
fisdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:22 AM   #2
jawa
Powered by LX9

jawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to jawa
pics

jawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:03 PM   #3
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
if im thinking right you probably can follow that harness and find where its attached to either other harnesses or brackets and you can make some adjustments there for more lenth. as far as the gromet... did you lube the sensor? it goes in tight but shoudl work... no such thing as too much lube
Old 07-18-2012, 05:50 PM   #4
jhubbz
⌘ Irish Pride

jhubbz is on a distinguished road
When I got my WAI from cosmo racing for my 2.4, the port for the sensor was right next to the fusebox and it was a PITA to get it in there. I had to cut back some of the shrouding to get enough wire out so it could reach, but even then it was still pretty taught. I don't have that problem now since I have a CAI now and the port is closer. Anyway, buy this if you like the idea of plug-n-play.

Done lost my mind
jhubbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:13 PM   #5
Chris2000
GL Member

Chris2000 is on a distinguished road
Are you talking about the IAT sensor? You can just plug/weld the far hole shut and make one yourself closer that the sensor can reach. On my old Ho I actually had spares of those door panel push in clips laying around so I just used one of them to plug the far hole
Chris2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:33 AM   #6
fisdad

I have no idea which sensor it is on the stock air box. I thought it would be the MAF? Maybe I'm way off here?
My screen name should be changed to Jizzdaddy. I was anally raped by flying monkeys and loved it. I promise to never threaten anyones daughters again because I know it will result in my ahoe being severely widened. - Did Andy just say that he wants to fk my ahoe... ewww. Sorry old man, but you're not my type.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:40 AM   #7
fisdad

I still need to clean up under there. I think that I'm smelling coolant? I'm not sure since I don't see any leaks or smoke coming from the tailpipe, but I feel like I smell it? Hopefully I'm just crazy?
Old 08-13-2012, 09:23 PM   #8
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
2.4 doesnt have a maf. When i did mine I had use a little loob (dish soap) on the gromet to get the iat sensor in. just dont get ANYTHING on the actual sensor part of of it. the wire length problem is a pain, you might have to trace it back as far as you can and try to get some slack out of it for more length.
also, you should use that pipe from jawa and I to pipe it down for a cai!
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:25 PM   #9
Mason
GX Member

Mason is on a distinguished road
mine was the exact same, i simply drilled a new hole and wrapped a eff load of electric tape around the stock hole
Mason is offline   Reply With Quote