Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Aleromod.com Showcase

Old 11-28-2012, 12:30 PM   #21
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

tw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond repute
No if you look at the picture above you can see it scallops a bit... i probably will try to fix it when i transplant it to this 5 speed

Misty: 3400, S&S headers, TCE 65mm TB, CAI, 180* TStat, Milzy motor & tranny mount, 18" BOSS 328 & much more... going osv!!
Silver: 2.4L, 5 speed, GAGT seats, front & rear STB's, all red tails, led headlights, Magnaflow muffler, Milzy Motor mount, WAI, Cosmo short shifter; sold n missed
Tequila: 2.4L, GA interior swap, scrapped...
tw0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:32 PM   #22
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
They say it's easier to do it when you have the windshield off. It's nearly impossible to get it back inwards with the glass in the way.
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:38 PM   #23
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

tw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond repute
ya, i will try to re-glue it or whatever when i have the dash physically out of the car... if it is the plastic that is warped, i will apply some heat and rework it back to shape...
anyways, on to today's accomplishments

pretty sure i mentioned this in an earlier post, but when i got the car, the kid had applied a light coat of the VHT tint. well, i didn't really like it on the silver, so i got the red VHT and sprayed it over. i taped off the reverse light, and added 3 coats of duplicolour clear coat over top. it still needs a light wed sand and buff to get the finish and gloss i am looking for

Misty: 3400, S&S headers, TCE 65mm TB, CAI, 180* TStat, Milzy motor & tranny mount, 18" BOSS 328 & much more... going osv!!
Silver: 2.4L, 5 speed, GAGT seats, front & rear STB's, all red tails, led headlights, Magnaflow muffler, Milzy Motor mount, WAI, Cosmo short shifter; sold n missed
Old 11-28-2012, 10:13 PM   #24
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
The plastic warps up. I have a GA with the same issue. The sun unglues the dash and the plastic rolls up. I'd recommend the heat gun and rolling it back down.

BTW those tail lights look so much better without the amber portion of it. All you need to do is give it that smooth look.
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:42 AM   #25
Duval
GX Member

Duval has a reputation beyond reputeDuval has a reputation beyond reputeDuval has a reputation beyond reputeDuval has a reputation beyond reputeDuval has a reputation beyond reputeDuval has a reputation beyond reputeDuval has a reputation beyond reputeDuval has a reputation beyond reputeDuval has a reputation beyond reputeDuval has a reputation beyond reputeDuval has a reputation beyond repute
That's bad ass with the gdam interior.
Duval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:39 PM   #26
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

decided to remove the door moldings to see how I felt about this mod... on this car, I like it

and how she sits now... waiting patiently for the exhaust and rear brake lines to be done...

so close... can't wait!!
still a few things to accomplish, but once it is road worthy those things can happen whenever!
side skirts need to go back on (once I figure out how to put them back on...)
small dent needs to be popped out (will do when I swap to the GA door panels and dash)
finish the clear corners, and buff the tails

Old 01-02-2013, 10:48 PM   #27
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
Its coming along!!! Is this just going to be another daily? Or is this getting some good mods
Old 01-02-2013, 11:15 PM   #28
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
its a daily im sure. the one with the cf hood is his main toy.

lower that thing!!!!!

(now i can say that!)
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:48 PM   #29
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

^^^lmao this one will get minor goodies but it will be the daily beast replacing the black coupe that has rusted beyond my capabilities to repair...

so far, it has completely red tails, front and rear STB's, GAGT seats, WAI and the MSR 17's... soon will have a magnaflow muffler from the axle back and clear corners and a mild stereo... given my tendency to get stuck in the snow, this one will stay at stock height, unless I find another set of springs for a wicked deal... my eibach's are already promised to Mike the Canadian for his 'bu...

Old 01-03-2013, 03:25 AM   #30
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
not a bad list on the 5 speed so far.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:29 AM   #31
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
Lol more in a few months than 5 years for me. :-( plus you have three. I guess thats what a big boy job does
Old 01-03-2013, 03:57 PM   #32
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
Looking good! coupes have been growing on me but those rims look good on the 4dr. it ALMOST looks good w/o the rockers to. Are you planning on keeping those off?
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:01 PM   #33
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXManwhoreXx View Post
Lol more in a few months than 5 years for me. :-( plus you have three. I guess thats what a big boy job does

hahaha... hard work pays off, plus an incredible amount of luck... I honestly think the only new parts I have bought for any of my alero's has been the sway bars on the group buy, and my miltzy motor mount... the kyb's and miltzy tranny mount are technically new, but purchased used after the original buyers changed their minds...
btw, sometimes the big boy job sucks... 6 days a week at 14-16 hrs a day... doesn't leave much time to play!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Rad17 View Post
Looking good! coupes have been growing on me but those rims look good on the 4dr. it ALMOST looks good w/o the rockers to. Are you planning on keeping those off?

thanks! I picked up the rims from Paul (MMGT1) when he got new ones for his GAGT... he got them from a scrapped prelude like 7 years ago but they are in very good shape... a deal I couldn't pass up!
as for the rockers, I want to put them back on, otherwise I would have to try and pull the clips and smooth out those holes etc, which might be more work than just trying to reattach them!

Old 01-23-2013, 11:37 PM   #34
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

just a lil update... I know I said I wasn't going to lower this one... but I am in the process of trying to work out a deal for some canuck springs... I already have the rear springs (got them for free on kijiji!!) now just need to find the fronts... I can get all 4 with front struts for $125 (another kijiji deal!) just not sure if I want to spend that on a winter beater that still needs the exhaust and brake lines done...

Old 01-24-2013, 06:43 AM   #35
sleepyalero
GLS member

Damn, you have bargains.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-03-2013, 12:26 AM   #36
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

so after seeing Nas's led's... I got thinking... which is never a good thing, cuz it costs me money... I wanted some... followed his link, but dammit, the guy will only ship to the U.S. ebay here I come
2 rolls, 300 smd led's per roll, $20 and I am off to the races
here is what I have so far...

Old 03-03-2013, 12:28 AM   #37
03Sleepr
Premier V.I.P. Member

03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute
wow, I like it.. I doubt it would be legal with red though...
03Sleepr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:09 AM   #38
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

lol technically clear corners aren't legal anyways... im sure you could put them on a toggle and as long as they don't strobe or flash in anyway, they probably wont bug you too much for them...

Old 03-03-2013, 10:27 PM   #39
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

went to finish the headlights... got everything set out, lights, caulking gun, towels and a scraper for clean up... then realised I forgot the damn silicone!!! so I put that all away and went and installed the front strut bar, and stripped the radio and front speakers from tequila to put in this one...

Old 03-03-2013, 10:31 PM   #40
03Sleepr
Premier V.I.P. Member

03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute
I still need strut bars, Are they really worth the money?
03Sleepr is offline   Reply With Quote