Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Aleromod.com Showcase

Old 11-27-2012, 10:28 PM   #41
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastOfItsKind View Post
Those wheels dont look like OSV? and what do you mean color matched?
The pix in my signature are not OSV wheels. The Ass pix thread will show my car with the wheels on it.

Color matched means that the bezels are painted to match the car color, meaning no chrome on the front of the headlights.

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:28 PM   #42
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
dude you gotta use the edit button and it will save you a lot of clutter...it is in the bottom right corner of your post...when he is saying color match he painted the outer tips of the headlight bezels body color to match the rest of the car

EDIT: oldsnut got in the ninja post
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:57 PM   #43
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
We dont need a gold standard per say, but an eqivalent, to where we have standard to the value of our money. The value of the dollar has dropped 97% since 1913 when the Federal Reserve Act was created. Also, the IRS didnt come into play until then either, but our country did very well in spite of the government not taking care of us.

There's no way 1900-1913 was better than now in any way, shape, or form as far as the overall quality of life for Americans, or less manipulation of the markets from one source or another. In fact, the poor conditions then made it possible for Teddy Roosevelt to wap J.P. Morgan across the chops wit "da big stick". Not to mention the Interstate Commerce Commission, Pure Food and Drug Act.
Infant mortality was high, there was enough horseshit piling up in city streets to gag a maggot..... 1913???? hezus cristos

oh btw, nice car

Last edited by AleroB888 : 11-27-2012 at 10:59 PM.
AleroB888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:59 PM   #44
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
Trust AleroB888 he was there!
Old 11-28-2012, 01:07 AM   #45
TheLastOfItsKind
GX Member

TheLastOfItsKind is on a distinguished road
Oh sorry I see it now...and I know what coloring the bezels are, it just didn't look like they were from that pic...
Final 500 Collectors Edition Alero- #67/500
2007 Silverado 1500 LTZ- 6" lift 35" tires
2001 Trans Am WS6 6sp. w/ t-tops
1999 Silverado 2500 LS
TheLastOfItsKind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:09 AM   #46
TheLastOfItsKind
GX Member

AleroB888 -So your saying we are better off now with 97% of our dollars value destroyed?? Do you really think our country would go back to that standard of living now just because we stopped letting the government steal from us? Technology, etc from then compared to now is 100% different. Im just saying our standard of living would increase dramatically if we could stop the Federal Reserve from devaluing our currency.
1999 Silverado 2500 LS

Last edited by TheLastOfItsKind : 11-28-2012 at 01:12 AM.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:44 AM   #47
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
AleroB888 -So your saying we are better off now with 97% of our dollars value destroyed?? Do you really think our country would go back to that standard of living now just because we stopped letting the government steal from us? Technology, etc from then compared to now is 100% different. Im just saying our standard of living would increase dramatically if we could stop the Federal Reserve from devaluing our currency.

Hmmm.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK76Dl18uAU

Watch the video and make what you can for it.

I also feel the Federal Reserve shouldn't exist but yet to go back to the Gold standard, it would be hard because people would be scared about the debt issue.
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:30 AM   #48
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

Hell yes we're better off now.

I don't see anywhere I implied a return to the 1913 standard of living, and "the Gov't" is US -- it's what we make it. I don't see "the Gov't" as a "thief" any more or less than it was starting from the Revolutionary War, and furthermore consider it ridiculous to refer to "the Gov't" as a personified singular entity capable of willful malicious acts.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:39 AM   #49
AleroB888
GLS member

"Hey there, England, how ya doin'?"

"I'm right jolly good, 'merica, 'ower you these days?"

"Well, I went on a rampage last week and robbed all my citizens, bumped the taxes up, put the proceeds in an offshore account, hahaha."

"Bloody well done, Mate!"
Old 11-28-2012, 02:48 AM   #50
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
The issue really is the Fiat Money. Money that is created out of nothing. In fact, our currency is backed by debt. The fact that we're not backing up our money with anything is the reason why things like milk and gas are as expensive as they are. Perhaps, that's even why we work for more money but it still won't take us any further than what that money took us back in 1913 or 1953, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx0vr...eature=related

This video basically explains the phenomenon. How Money is Created Out of Thin Air

Last edited by Nas Escobar : 11-28-2012 at 02:52 AM.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:36 AM   #51
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
Back on topic Ladies!!

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:44 AM   #52
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
Back on topic Ladies!!

big booty hoes!
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:01 AM   #53
AleroB888
GLS member

Quote:
Back on topic Ladies!!

Yes sir, Sir!

I think if I had a final 500 it would be too tempting for me to mod the engine and engine bay to the hilt for performance, and then probably the suspension as well (but NOT lowered). You know, the way GM should have done it, at least as an option imo. I'd keep the exterior as stock as possible.

I'd put a true dual, dual cats and all 2.25 exhaust, big SC....

Hey, I've got a GLS coupe with 24K on it loaded, I'll trade for either one straight up !
Old 11-28-2012, 06:08 PM   #54
TheLastOfItsKind
GX Member

Thank you Nas, atleast one of us understands what im talking about....anyways, yes its very tempting to mod my car to the bone...I started bone stock with my 07 Silverado and have put upwards of $8-10k into it! Its an addiction I probably need to kick before it starts hurting me lol. I found these nice rims I am thinking about getting...

http://www.tulipcitywheels.com/custo...h-Silver.shtml
1999 Silverado 2500 LS
Old 11-28-2012, 06:10 PM   #55
TheLastOfItsKind
GX Member

I would like to find some white ones with basically the same design as the other ones, but the Alero bolt pattern is almost impossible to find good rims for. I plan on painting the bezels and clearing the corners...so I dont want mine to look too much like Oldsnut's, lol
1999 Silverado 2500 LS
Old 11-28-2012, 06:12 PM   #56
TheLastOfItsKind
GX Member

And just a suggestion, I dont know if anyone else would like it but I think the site should be kinda like car domain where we can show off our rides, but also still have the forums seperate...what does everyone think?
1999 Silverado 2500 LS
Old 11-28-2012, 09:28 PM   #57
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Quote:
I would like to find some white ones with basically the same design as the other ones, but the Alero bolt pattern is almost impossible to find good rims for. I plan on painting the bezels and clearing the corners...so I dont want mine to look too much like Oldsnut's, lol

The Alero bolt pattern is one of the most common ones out there. What are you talking about? A lot of cars use 5x115. In fact, you can even slap on 5x114.3 on a GM and call it a day. I've been thinking about getting Charger rims. They fit and they have the same bolt pattern as the N body, except with a larger center bore, but whenever you change rims, you're making your wheels lug centric and not hub centric.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:20 AM   #58
03gxeco
GL Member

03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute
SILENCE!!!!! I KEEL YOU AND TAKE YOUR final 500!!!.

no seriously.. i'd go to great lengths to own one of those. there is one in my town, I hear the driver works at a bank and does not take good care of the car... (wombatslayer)< thanks for the tip. lol

I also seen a final 500 bravada at walmart in town. maybe someday ill come across one and restore it then put it in a glass container in my garage so i can stare at it all day while drooling.
03gxeco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:43 PM   #59
Nas Escobar
GLS member

All you need then is the final 500 Aurora and Intrigue and you have a museum.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:04 PM   #60
TheLastOfItsKind
GX Member

I will not put 5x114.3 rims on my alero
1999 Silverado 2500 LS