Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Aleromod.com Showcase

Old 04-17-2013, 02:55 AM   #1
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
"Darth Vader" - My 94 Cutlass

So I haven't really come up with a good name for my other car. I did have a name for it but since I found something out about someone who just so happened to have her middle name as the name I had chosen, I chose not to use it because I didn't want to be reminded about the issue that had happened, so it's alias (for now) is "Darth Vader". It's a habit of mine to give my cars a girl's name and a superhero's name (or villian). My Grand Am (Kiana) is also known as "The Batmobile" since I would always be pwning Honda's in their own "handling" and "going fast" game. The Cutlass is known as "Darth Vader" since the car looks so menacing and aggressive.

Anyways, today was picture day (also known as I got bored in Arlington, VA today). I thought I should make a thread since I haven't really posted pics of this car since I bought it back in February.

Also, if anyone is wondering, I have modded this car, but nothing big as of yet. It has upgraded speakers, an Alpine head unit, A Sony Xplod mono amp (which I may swap out later on) 2 10" subs in a sealed box, and 6000K low beam HID headlights. If anyone's wondering, this car's factory headlights are sealed beam, the same ones that were on the early 4th gen Camaro.

Some pics, and enjoy!

1996 Infiniti G20
1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z34
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:18 AM   #2
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Nice! Keep up the good work. I always name my cars girl names too.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:25 AM   #3
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

JLw7123 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JLw7123 Send a message via Yahoo to JLw7123 Send a message via Skype™ to JLw7123
Wow looks good does the convertible top work. the body looks perfect.
1999 auburn mist metallic gls sedan R.I.P
2005 Subaru legacy 2.5i 190k. New rims and tires for summer.
JLw7123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:56 AM   #4
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Looks like a clean car, but please don't call any Oldsmobile Darth Vader, except for the original......

Old 04-17-2013, 04:04 PM   #5
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLw7123 View Post
Wow looks good does the convertible top work. the body looks perfect.

One of my hydraulic lifts/shocks - whatever they're called are messed up. It's a $100 fix, but I manually operate the top. I don't mind it too much, it's just a bitch to do over and over again.

The body does have some dings thanks to ahoes in my complex not being mindful of the cars around them. It's all good though, because I purposely ding them up too for messing my car up. The clear coat on my trunk is also starting to fade. Other than that it's a sexy lil beast.
1996 Infiniti G20
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Old 04-17-2013, 04:09 PM   #6
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
I agree with Numb Nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
Looks like a clean car, but please don't call any Oldsmobile Darth Vader, except for the original......

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:29 PM   #7
TheEdgeofSanity
GLS member

TheEdgeofSanity is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TheEdgeofSanity
Always loved the cutlass supreme coupes. My grandma had a '92 that was white with the 3.1 and dual exhaust and I remember how much I liked the car. I remember asking her if I could have it when I grew up! do you have any interior pics? I remember the push button climate controls and the knob that you turned to open the glove box. also liked how the seat belts were in the door, instead of pillar.

TheEdgeofSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:32 PM   #8
happyisthealero
GL Member

happyisthealero is an unknown quantity at this point
I thought it was actually was about the 80's Darth Vader Cutlass, LOL. I still like your cutty Nas..
happyisthealero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:00 AM   #9
Nas Escobar
GLS member

I always thought the "Darth Vader" GM car was actually the GNX. I knew that name was not going to fall in nice with some of the old heads on here, but it's an inside thing. My friends started calling it Darth Vader and I ran with it just because I'm having a hard time coming up with a proper name. I actually do want to murder out the car so the name will end up being more fitting in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEdgeofSanity View Post
Always loved the cutlass supreme coupes. My grandma had a '92 that was white with the 3.1 and dual exhaust and I remember how much I liked the car. I remember asking her if I could have it when I grew up! do you have any interior pics? I remember the push button climate controls and the knob that you turned to open the glove box. also liked how the seat belts were in the door, instead of pillar.

Man, those coupes all but disappeared in my area. I barely see any Oldsmobiles around anymore.

I do have some pics, but that's when I bought the car. There's a thread floating around with some pics, but I haven't really taken much pics of the interior or the top down, which I should have because now I have a complete system. I was planning on cleaning the whole interior up soon and taking pics, so I'll definitely post those up, and pics of the sound system.
1996 Infiniti G20
1989 Buick Regal Limited