Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 01-06-2004, 01:17 PM   #1
Alerosince99

Its been done and will work with our heads. What are your thoughts?

http://www.60degreev6.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=765
Old 01-07-2004, 01:03 PM   #2
3.4Alero

Seems pretty dumb, to go through the work and get MAYBE 5 HP (I think he was pretty hopeful on that). I sure as hell would not do ANY grinding or removal of material from MY engine for the "cool factor."

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Old 01-07-2004, 01:11 PM   #3
Alerosince99

Not knowing anything about rockers I thought it was more for strengthing the engine than making more hp. From what ive been told they need to be replaced every 20k miles too...which in imo really sucks.
Old 01-08-2004, 06:23 PM   #4
jturkey69
V.I.P. Member

jturkey69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to jturkey69
mantapart has roller tipped rockers...cheaper, and easier to install
2005 Nissan Altima SE-R 6spd MODDED! (wifes pocket rocket)
1998 Ford Explorer AWD 5.0...modded, and fun DD

jturkey69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 08:45 PM   #5
3.4Alero

Rockers need replaced every 20K miles?!?!? Do you mean the aftermarket ones, stock ones, or both? I don't know of anyone on here that has replaced theirs.
Old 01-09-2004, 08:49 AM   #6
jturkey69
V.I.P. Member

jturkey69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to jturkey69
they do not need to be replaced ..the valve lash should be checked only on full roller rockers 20k miles is ok...then they should be checked(valve lash only)..stock and roller tip rockers will never have to be replaced unless there is a failure with the fulcrum

IMO..full roller rockers are really only for high winding serious street /strip/autocross applications
i will be using mantaparts roller tip rockers...that guy did what i like to call overkill...or like 3.4 said...the wow factor..unless he has a custom crank and cam, and etc. full roller valetrain in a street car, is a waaste of money unless it comes that way from the factory.
2005 Nissan Altima SE-R 6spd MODDED! (wifes pocket rocket)
1998 Ford Explorer AWD 5.0...modded, and fun DD

jturkey69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 11:30 AM   #7
3400SFI

Roller rockers are really only worth it if you are increasing the lift. I put a set of 1.6 rockers on my 2.8 V6 in my Fiero that had stock 1.52 rockers. It made a pretty nice difference. Especially if you have done any other mods like a cold air intake, larger bore throtle body, or ported intake manifold. With higher lift you can cram more air and fuel into the combustion chamber and create more power. Depending on what modifications you have done to your engine already you can expect anywhere from 5-15 ponies. I was lucky enough to take full advantage of my rockers on my 2.8, only because I completely worked over the TB, intake manifold, and ex manifolds. Now this is also where a good chip comes into effect. Now that I have changed my fuel curves and valve lift my stock chip should be able to keep up with the changes, but by adding a custom chip I can extract every last pony there is to be had without turboing etc... IMO rockers are worth it, just as much as a cam is because they both help in the same way.