Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 11-02-2007, 10:47 PM   #561
Eh_nigma
the "Why Not?" Guy

Eh_nigma is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Eh_nigma
Hahaha... oh, the mysteries... 3yrs old moved over, fully fluent in Polish, and yes, 100% Polish as well. I was meaning to ask you based on that avatar.

None the less, back home tonight, and I'll be going into the garage tomorrow as soon as my eyes open up. Planning on a pretty long day there, so yeah, there will be some update pictures, as well as possible a sketch or two of upcoming things inside the car, before they actually get there (Ie., the FG part designs for coverpieces over the gauges, starter box, etc., etc., etc...).

I'm about as excited to get this done as you guys are to see the updates... so, tomorrow afternoon or late night they first updates from tomorrow should be up.
-Why the hell not?
Eh_nigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 10:57 PM   #562
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

cavaliers60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
Can't wait to see some pics... I'm really wanting to get some interior work done on my car... Mostly recovering stuff.... I'm going to need some pointers from ya! lol Expect some PMs from me.
cavaliers60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 12:20 AM   #563
pawzbear
The Original Thread Whore

pawzbear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to pawzbear
teehee yeh im pretty sure mark had already told me that.. i just forgot. ahhh, i have better things to remember it seems! =-P have fun back home markus

(but give me some credit; at least i remember how to spell his last name!!!! lmao... its easily the craziest name ever!)
Old 11-03-2007, 04:16 AM   #564
Eh_nigma
the "Why Not?" Guy

Candice - credit is given...

Okay, so, 4:10 AM, can't sleep.. oh well. Tomorrow's plan is simple, want to basically cover three areas:

1. Covering in the airbag area on the dash,
2. Starting the new floor console, and
3. Cutting/Bending new pieces for the rollcage/bar.
Maybe a fourth with FG'ing the cover for the top gauges, or at least finish planning it out.

I'm thinkin' that in about an hour and a half, go for breakfast, grab the keys to the car club, and start on things right around 6:30ish, which, by all acounts, should most definitely give me something to post pictures about when I finish for the night.

Unfortunately, as it's the weekend, the junkyard isn't open, so I wont be able to inquire about the black carpet/seat belts from a Grand Am until Monday, but, meh, oh well... what can be done, right? So, off to play some more Company of Hero's, or... ...infomertials... ...and yeah, hop-skip-and-a-jumpin to the garage shortly... the things I do for you guys & gals...
-Why the hell not?
Old 11-05-2007, 12:16 AM   #565
Eh_nigma
the "Why Not?" Guy

I do apologize for no posts last night - personal stuff came up that had to be dealt with yesterday afternoon. None the less... here's what's happened in the last day an a half.

Started with the dash, and filling in the airbag. It was simple, very simple. Couple pieces of shaped cardboard, some take to hold it down, 60 grit sandpaper to rough everything up, and 4 layers of FG.

Dash before: http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...a/DSC01719.jpg
Two Pieces: http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...a/DSC01720.jpg
Two pieces taped: http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...a/DSC01721.jpg
Fiberglassed: http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...a/DSC01722.jpg

I started to work around the piece that will cover up the electrinics and what not in the dash - the "cover piece". Got an idea, used tinfoil and guntape, got the rough shape, and well, yeah...

Mockup 1: http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...a/DSC01725.jpg
Mockup 2: http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...a/DSC01726.jpg
Mockup 3: http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...a/DSC01729.jpg
First Layer: http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...a/DSC01730.jpg
Attached on the dash: http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...a/DSC01737.jpg
Cover: http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...a/DSC01746.jpg
First Cut: http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...a/DSC01747.jpg
Cut outs for screws: http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...a/DSC01748.jpg

The cover piece as well as the dash are in the drying room - the filler is on the cover piece, and it'll be worked down tomorrow. As for the dash, little by little... I'm starting with above the cluster, and working towards front and center. The dash should be completed and primed I'm hoping by next weekend. The cover piece also has the screw "tunnels" ready to be done. Once it's all said and done, then the mounting holes will be drilled into the dash, and both sent out for painting.

I don't know if I mentioned it before, but I did do some work on a new gauge face for the main cluster... here's the cover piece with the new tach mounted in it. All that needs to be put in is the "K" (my tattoo) front and center (the "diamond" cutout if you will), and tinted plastic put in for the speedo and the fuel level. The chromed bezels are already made, just need to drill it in and screw them down. The whole piece was just a piece of balsa I cut to shape, fiberglassed over a couple times, and the tach hard mounted to it.

Gauge Face 1: http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...a/DSC01731.jpg
Gauge Face 2: http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...a/DSC01732.jpg

So, that's been my weekend so far... I'll be posting updates on this as the week goes on... any questions or anything, as always, pop them my way.
-Why the hell not?
Old 11-05-2007, 12:58 AM   #566
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
Is that gauge stuff going to fit in the stock area? Looks sharp though! I love the addition to the dash!
Old 11-05-2007, 02:45 AM   #567
Satsuriku
V.I.P. Punching Bag

Satsuriku is an unknown quantity at this point
it hasnet been said in a while so i might as well say it..........mark.......your f*cking crazy dude!!! hahaha my god, excellent work my canadian brother! i love going to this thread for updates
Old 11-05-2007, 12:38 PM   #568
Eh_nigma
the "Why Not?" Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavaliers60 View Post
Is that gauge stuff going to fit in the stock area? Looks sharp though! I love the addition to the dash!

Would I make it if it didn't fit? Yeah, it fits. That piece is going to be a "screw in" onto 1 inch spacers mounted on the stock dash. It's tight, but fits.

Thanks Rob. Should hopefully have more pictures tonight of the sanded down cover.

Just a heads up though, I'm heading out soon (13th or 15th), for 3 weeks... yet again, ANOTHER delay on this project. I'm going to stick simply to the dash, cover, and floor console, and hopefully, HOPEFULLY, have those finished up for the 12th, then send them out for painting. I'm pretty excited about the paint job going onto the dash.
-Why the hell not?
Old 11-05-2007, 12:51 PM   #569
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mischief007 View Post
If he didn't live there then that's another story. Let us know Eh_Nigma. As the people from ASS 07 now know that I'm 100% Polish.

..wait... your polish!? i thought you were canadian.

nice job mark#1! keep it up... for..well... however long you plan on working on this..
Old 11-05-2007, 10:43 PM   #570
pawzbear
The Original Thread Whore

pawzbear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to pawzbear
heeeey... u cant call him Mark #1.... =(
Old 11-06-2007, 06:14 PM   #571
Mischief007
GL Member

Mischief007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Mischief007
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
..wait... your polish!? i thought you were canadian.

nice job mark#1! keep it up... for..well... however long you plan on working on this..

How drunk were you at ASS??

I was born in Poland and I made that clear because Scott's wife was warning the guys cracking the Polish jokes.
Mischief007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 12:10 AM   #572
Eh_nigma
the "Why Not?" Guy

A bit of a sad update to the project. Due to personal reasons - which, for obvious reasons, aren't going to be talked about - the Alero Project as a whole is going to be put on the back-burner for a while. Please excuse my absence from the aleromod site. I'm hoping that at some point in the next few months I'll be able to pick it up again.

The Alero is going into storage as it is right now, and the parts are going into storage at the garage just the same. Basically, until these issues are resolved, I'll be under the radar as much as possible. This did come very suddenly, I was actually sanding down the filler on the dash when I got the phone call, and trust me, this really isn't by choice. I'll be leaving Shilo shortly, likely by Friday, which will give me enough time to arrange everything out here while I'm gone.

Again, I do apologize, there were quite a few of you interested in this project - mark my words, it will be completed, but, at the end of the day, it is just a car, and, as you see, other things are taking priority over this.

I'll post back as soon as I'm back on it, but till then, do take care.
-Why the hell not?
Old 11-07-2007, 12:16 AM   #573
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

It's cool man... Take as much time as you need! The car will be there when you are ready to come back to the project, and we will still be here waiting when you get back.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:22 AM   #574
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
Good luck with whatever takes you in your current direction. Whatever it is may Peace and God be with you in all you do!

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 01:05 AM   #575
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Sorry to hear about that man. Just do what you gotta do and then go back and work on the ho! :-) Good luck dude! I will be waiting for more updates ;-)
Old 11-07-2007, 05:05 AM   #576
CharleyO99Alero
GL Member

CharleyO99Alero is on a distinguished road

Whatever your reason, you will be missed here on the forum ... as will be the updates to your project. But, sometimes ya' just have to do what ya' have to do. Take care and we'll be here waiting for your return.

CharleyO99Alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 09:36 AM   #577
Vinalero
GLS member

Vinalero is on a distinguished road
Cars are for transportation, sometimes hobbies, but rarely a need. Do what is important to do before playing with the hoe.

I bet its the Oilers that are calling you for a back-up in this hard season start...
2 door 2000 Black GX With a stick: M45 eaton supercharger - Quad4's 57mm Throttle body - Custom WAI - KYB GR-2 struts - CM Lowering springs - Front and rear strut tower brace - R1 concept zinc plated drilled/slotted rotors with semi-metallic pads - short shifter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alerosaint View Post
the #6 bolt torque..its impossible to get...unless I use telekenesis
Vinalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 10:51 AM   #578
Satsuriku
V.I.P. Punching Bag

Satsuriku is an unknown quantity at this point
Bummer dude! I hope all work out in the end man and good luck my Canaidan brother!
Old 01-06-2008, 05:51 AM   #579
Eh_nigma
the "Why Not?" Guy

A lot changes in a couple months... this is just a quick post, thanking everyone for their contributions to this thread and the project as a whole so far. As things go, the project as well as many other things have taken a bit of a change. So, without further delay, if this thread could be locked (I wont be posting in this one anymore, as there isn't much more to say on the interior aspect of the project).

The project isn't at all finished, so no frets. Things, like I said, just need a different approach to them. There is a new thread I'm starting, right after I go for a smoke, relax a bit, sit down at 5am, and try my best to explain what is going on.

Again though, to all who have posted, read, given input, helped out in any way shape or form thus far, I do greatly appreciate it. Without this site, no way would this be happening (trust me, the car came close to being scrapped). So, look for the new thread, simply "Alero Project, Exterior". Thanks.

Edge.
-Why the hell not?
Old 01-06-2008, 11:04 PM   #580
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
You want to close this thread already? It isn't even big enough, only 580 posts...
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote