Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 03-11-2013, 03:10 PM   #1
wamniomniye
GX Member

wamniomniye is on a distinguished road
Cool help with issue of the unknown!

i haven't done anything recently to my alero at all andout of the blue today i went to start it started just fine... went to go put the key in (because i have remote start) turn it over everything came on fine and then when i went to go put it into drive i seen the bright light light(the blue light that indicates that the brights are on) flashed about 5 times and then the check engine light on the left side came on. it still seemed to drive perfectly and shifted fine.... like nothing was ever on i shut it off. let it sit for about 30 seconds started it again and the check engine light was off... put it in reverse nothing put it in neutral nothing and then put it in drive and it flashed again and the check engine light on the left came back on again. someone help me!!!

thanks
john
wamniomniye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:15 PM   #2
zearchyo
GL Member

zearchyo is on a distinguished road
Are u sure is not the service vehicle soon light? if its the service vehicle light it may be telling you a light bulb in the head lights when out.

yeah right!
zearchyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:22 AM   #3
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
I have a grand AM and my "SVS" light is on the left. I know the clusters are different, but I'm willing to bet he meant that light.

Anyways, that light turns on when there's a short or some sort of electrical malfunction within the car. Your remote start may be giving out OR it wasn't wired right.

Have it checked out where it was installed.
1996 Infiniti G20
1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z34
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:51 AM   #4
wamniomniye
GX Member

wamniomniye is on a distinguished road
after i finally got the check engine light to come back on i did come to the conclusion that a headlight was faulty it was up and running but when i would hit a bump or something it would cause the one light to go out and later come back on. i replaced the lights and the issue completely went away. thanks for the input guys i appreciate it!
wamniomniye is offline   Reply With Quote