Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > L61 2.2L Ecotec Specific

Old 05-23-2004, 07:30 PM   #1
alero_ecotec
Special Agent

alero_ecotec is an unknown quantity at this point
We have all heard of companies like superchips, jetchips, diablo chips, ect. Companies that make either a computer module or a re-programer that plugs into the computers diagnostic port. Because all engines can really make more horsepower than is alotted by the maker, and these devices pull the hidden HP out of the engines. Its easy to find these products for a nice big dually diesel truck, or a mustang, camaro, firebird, ect. But my question is, does anyone know where to find one for the Alero, with the 2.2 ecotec. And has anyone used one on their Alero? or any questions or comments on the topic itself.
Old 05-23-2004, 09:12 PM   #2
Final-Reality

Quote:
Originally posted by alero_ecotec@May 23 2004, 06:30 PM
Because all engines can really make more horsepower than is alotted by the maker, and these devices pull the hidden HP out of the engines. Its easy to find these products for a nice big dually diesel truck
:rolleyes: yes there's tonnes of power just hidden away in your ECOTEC....

Also, the only reason it's simple for a chip to make power with a turbo diesel engine, is because the boost controller is electronic and they simply program it to allow higher boost levels, and thus they see good power gains from a simple chip.

I don't know if anybody has a chip for any ECOTEC engine, but if one were to come out I guarantee you it won't "free up" much, if any, horsepower on a totally stock engine...
Old 05-23-2004, 10:16 PM   #3
bdyman

i talked to casper electronics and they might be making a chip for the ecotec
as far as i know no body yet has made a chip for our ecotecs or all ecotec`s
but like he said chips really don`t do that much to a stock block,maybe with some bolt on stuff ya but give up ur search dude you will not find one
Old 05-26-2004, 01:37 AM   #4
gxryan

My friends got some Jet Chip thing ( I think Jet chip) that you hook up to a buncha sensors like the temp sensor of the air box and poop and he said it worked great. and he just has a stock 3.4L Grand am (with a K&N). All it does though is lie to the computer to make it run at optimum performance. He said it raised the mileage a little and gave it a bit more power.
Old 06-22-2004, 11:46 PM   #5
jojo0715

Quote:
Originally posted by gxryan@May 26 2004, 12:37 AM
My friends got some Jet Chip thing ( I think Jet chip) that you hook up to a buncha sensors like the temp sensor of the air box and poop and he said it worked great. and he just has a stock 3.4L Grand am (with a K&N). All it does though is lie to the computer to make it run at optimum performance. He said it raised the mileage a little and gave it a bit more power.
Yeah they make the jet cjip and the ase chip for the 2.4 ecotech and the 3400 but i have yet to find one for my 2.2l ecotech and ive been looking for about 6 months if ya ind anything let me know
Old 06-23-2004, 11:02 AM   #6
AleroSS

ummm.... 2.4 ecotec??? I highly doubt it, i think you mean the plain ol' 2.4.....
Old 06-23-2004, 01:01 PM   #7
havik

Saturn is going to have a 2.4 Ecotec (NOT ECOTECH B) ) for their 2005 models. But yeah, I think jojo0715 meant the 2.4 Twin cam.

2.4L Ecotec
Old 06-23-2004, 01:18 PM   #8
FormulaNERD
GLS member

FormulaNERD is an unknown quantity at this point
all that lying to your computer is going to do is make your engine run rich, and leave more deposits, increase engine wear, etc. and the power gain, if at all, will be minimal.
FormulaNERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 02:01 PM   #9
n8tureboy

I would just be happy to get rid of the govenor, like the hypertech reprogramer can do on a biger engine.... 110Mph, bet mine could go at least 130 or 140...
Old 08-25-2006, 03:29 AM   #10
sundeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alero_ecotec View Post
We have all heard of companies like superchips, jetchips, diablo chips, ect. Companies that make either a computer module or a re-programer that plugs into the computers diagnostic port. Because all engines can really make more horsepower than is alotted by the maker, and these devices pull the hidden HP out of the engines. Its easy to find these products for a nice big dually diesel truck, or a mustang, camaro, firebird, ect. But my question is, does anyone know where to find one for the Alero, with the 2.2 ecotec. And has anyone used one on their Alero? or any questions or comments on the topic itself.

i tryed ebay for that chip i havnt tryed it yet so i dont how it performs
Old 08-25-2006, 03:29 AM   #11
sundeep

Old 07-13-2007, 01:33 AM   #12
STYeattes
GX Member

STYeattes is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to STYeattes Send a message via Yahoo to STYeattes
Yeah but you have to watch out...on ebay they are selling simple resistors calling them chips...dont be fooled

2003 ecotec 2.2 auto Just a 3rd brake light decal.
www.myspace.com/styeattes
STYeattes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 01:57 AM   #13
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Quote:

http://www.hptuners.com/
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 02:07 AM   #14
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8tureboy View Post
I would just be happy to get rid of the govenor, like the hypertech reprogramer can do on a biger engine.... 110Mph, bet mine could go at least 130 or 140...

yea top speed without a limiter is right around 130mph for an alero. i wouldnt be trying that with a stock suspension though. about the limiter, there isnt an on/off option, it has to be a numerical value which the max allowable value being 255mph. thats what mine is set at.
Old 07-13-2007, 02:58 AM   #15
sundeep

Quote:

autoantthing.com search jet chip
Old 07-13-2007, 08:43 AM   #16
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundeep View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by STYeattes View Post
Yeah but you have to watch out...on ebay they are selling simple resistors calling them chips...dont be fooled

Thats good advice.... a full year too late.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:41 PM   #17
silverbullet81
GX Member

silverbullet81 is on a distinguished road
i just got one off ebay that they called a chip but when i got it its only a little thing that plugs into the IAT sensor. i thought it was going to be something that connected to the computer and i was expecting more out of it. i don't really see much of a difference.
silverbullet81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 03:08 PM   #18
pimpalero2003
GLS member

pimpalero2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
congrats on wasting money isnt there a thread about the ebay things that dont work chips electronic turbos and crap?
Old 11-30-2007, 03:25 PM   #19
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
uuuuuuugh, same guy who asked if it was bad if he pushed his car so it went all the way up to 4500 RPMs before shifting OH NOES
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 05:17 PM   #20
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpalero2003 View Post
congrats on wasting money isnt there a thread about the ebay things that dont work chips electronic turbos and crap?

*cough* our FAQ page *cough*
cherrington17 is offline   Reply With Quote