Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 01-10-2011, 12:51 PM   #1
irondiezl3
GLS member

irondiezl3 is on a distinguished road
what shop said about power steering pump

so my car started to growl i suspected power steering because i just changed both lines and the growl showed up. i bled the effin sh***t out of it still growls i think my pump was on its way out and this gave it the final push so brought it to a couple shops they said its deffinantly the pump and its causing the growl but with aleros even with a brand new pump and lines its going to growl for life? that cannot be true please tell me its not.
irondiezl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 12:55 PM   #2
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Ryan from Ohio will become famous soon enough
That shop is stupid, find another shop.

Better yet head to a junkyard and get a pump and do it yourself.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:56 PM   #3
irondiezl3
GLS member

http://www.napaautoparts.com/Search/...50052+2052018#

is this ok brand wise?
Old 01-10-2011, 12:56 PM   #4
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
how could the pump groan for life, if its a new unused pump? sounds pretty stupid
Old 01-10-2011, 12:57 PM   #5
irondiezl3
GLS member

yea it didnt make sense he said its a mystery i hope hes wrong is it easier to replace pump and res all in one shot i dont mind spending twenty more for it in one piece im just afraid remanufacted pumps arent good?
Old 01-10-2011, 09:11 PM   #6
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
My car wines like a supercharger and I expect my PS pump to blow up at any time. Whatever though it's the first car I have had with PS so I already feel spoiled by it.
xXManwhoreXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:14 PM   #7
alero_bmxer
GL Member

alero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond repute
my PS pump groans when its cold out. when it gets up above 50 degrees, you cant even hear it unless its at full lock.
[ion] C2 - I ran her hard, on nothing but the bare ground. After easing into it and progressively pushing down harder I could feel the pressure building and once it peaked I let off and she gave a loud cry from the blow off valve.
Ttop191 - ^ because your car is the only thing that will suck and blow that you can actually successfully get within 25 feet of

alero_bmxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:35 PM   #8
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
mine is dead silent all day, every day.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:06 PM   #9
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

cavaliers60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
mine is dead silent all day, every day.

ditto. Never heard my pump...
cavaliers60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:51 PM   #10
Lucalare
GLS member

Lucalare is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Lucalare
I can hear a tiny bit of noise if I push on the lock, but that's just cause the pump is at it's limit, otherwise silent.
Lucalare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:01 PM   #11
colonel6632
Premier V.I.P. Member

colonel6632 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to colonel6632
only time my pump was loud was when it was driver for a couple days without fluid

2005 Silverado 2500HD w/ 6.0l Vortec 4L80E
Tuned 6.0l, exhaust, intake, with 450000km on the odometer. Tow Rig

1985 Pontiac Trans Am GTA w/ 5.7 Vortec 700r4
mild vortec 350 with 4 speed auto. performance suspension. factory gold color. project car
colonel6632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:21 PM   #12
Vic28
GL Member

Vic28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Vic28
Its air on it ... and it will go away just drive it.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:17 AM   #13
irondiezl3
GLS member

my pump makes no noise its noise inside car. but if you put your hands on the pressure hose youcan feel and tell thats where the sounds is coming from but its new. 2 shops couldnt figure it out dealer said maybe the line is touching metal somewhere but its been bled over and over and over plus from what ive read it bleeds itself over time its been 3 weeks
Old 01-11-2011, 09:22 AM   #14
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
There is more to it than just a bleeding. You have to turn the steering wheel from side to side a bunch of times. Also check to see if it's rubbing like the dealer said.
zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:27 PM   #15
irondiezl3
GLS member

brought to dealer dealer swears its the pressure line because i bought it after market said aftermarkets dont flow right he guranteed if i changed it out with ac delco noise would go away he was suppose to charge me 1 hour labor and he didnt plus he knew i was going to do it myself so its not like he was trying to get me to get it done by them i have to say maybe hes right and being honest.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:21 PM   #16
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
Is the high pressure line vibrating?
Old 01-13-2011, 04:03 PM   #17
frankie257
GX Member

frankie257 is on a distinguished road
I tried driving in circles in the snow and using the e brake and 2 mins later I lost power steering. At first I thought the wheels were stuck because of snow because this is my first car and first time I experienced no power steering. I dont know but would doing this really break the PS pump? Anyway, I brought it to the shop and said I had to have the PS pump replaced. First he said it would be a 2-3hr job $160. Then he called up for the part and said for my car it was $195. At the end the final price was $224 and he said the pump was also cracked.
frankie257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 12:25 AM   #18
irondiezl3
GLS member

do our resivours have screens in them?

Last edited by irondiezl3 : 01-27-2011 at 01:36 PM.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:39 PM   #19
zzyzzx
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie257 View Post
I tried driving in circles in the snow and using the e brake and 2 mins later I lost power steering. At first I thought the wheels were stuck because of snow because this is my first car and first time I experienced no power steering. I dont know but would doing this really break the PS pump? Anyway, I brought it to the shop and said I had to have the PS pump replaced. First he said it would be a 2-3hr job $160. Then he called up for the part and said for my car it was $195. At the end the final price was $224 and he said the pump was also cracked.

Sounds like you got what you deserved.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:28 AM   #20
Stickybuddz420
GX Member

Stickybuddz420 is on a distinguished road
My Power Steering bearing just started to go out, I hear a small knock when car is idle, and it sounds like I have a SC when I accelerate, I'm not sure if the PS assembly has been replaced but I know for a fact the bearing is failing simply by the black streak across the inside of my hood and the click that is felt when you hold Ur skin against the PS reservoir when changing RPMS.

No More Cobalts - 2 12" Punch HE2's
1100W BOSS CHAOS Mono Amp
Stickybuddz420 is offline   Reply With Quote