Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 10-02-2005, 11:02 PM   #1
Justy311
GL Member

Justy311 is an unknown quantity at this point
So I have this alarm/remote start installed on my car now for about 2 months or so. For about a week now it has been acting up. For one it doesn't chip when I lock or unlock, and when the car is unlocked the red LED stays lit. I do not know what happened, one day it worked, and like two mins later it stopped.

I am about 2 hours away from the place that installed it, and no where near to get it fixed. I am asking my helpful friends on this for any help. I would appreciate all help. Thanks so much in advance!

Justin

www.justinspolicecollection.com
Justy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 12:32 PM   #2
King Asoka
V.I.P. Member

King Asoka is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to King Asoka Send a message via MSN to King Asoka
just take it back and get them to make it right! You paid good money for it so they have a responsaility to make it right.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:47 PM   #3
jabartram
AutoCross Alero

jabartram is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jabartram Send a message via Yahoo to jabartram
yeah, if you mess with it, you could void the warranty.
jabartram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 01:48 PM   #4
Justy311
GL Member

Alright, sounds good, anyone know what caused this? I also heard remote start is bad for your car. I haev heard that in the past but never really took to heart what it meant, anyone want to go off on it? or just explain why its bad? Thanks

Old 10-03-2005, 02:03 PM   #5
King Asoka
V.I.P. Member

I have a compustar with remote start. I havent herd anything about it being bad for the car. The worst thing that can happen is that the installer didnt take his/her time and there is a short, crossed connection, or forgot to connect a wire. I had troubles with the passlock system. My car wouldnt start. But I came back 15min later and all was fine. From time to time after starting the car the security light comes on. Not sure what it is but ill have my installer check it out.

Again I dont see any reson why remote start could be bad for your car. My only concern is wasting gas. My remote start has a adjustable timer, but the lowest setting is 15min. I usually only let it warm up for 5 to 10. It doesnt need 15min.

You may be able to turn the siren on and off. Mine has this feature. You can turn the siren off and it only flashes the parking lights. As for your led, the installer may have the neg and pos wires mixed up......
Old 10-03-2005, 02:32 PM   #6
jamcllw
GLS member

jamcllw is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by King Asoka@Oct 3 2005, 01:03 PM
As for your led, the installer may have the neg and pos wires mixed up......
An LED won't work if it's hooked up backwards.

And as far as the alarm. Any authorized Clifford installer should be able to look at it. Take it to one close to where you are.
jamcllw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 01:26 PM   #7
Justy311
GL Member

The Led was working fine now, not on all the time when its unlocked, but it still wont chirp. King Asoka, how are you able to turn the siren off? Mine also has this feature, but it told me to talk to the installer. I am short on time due to college homework and stuff. Thanks again for all the info!

Old 10-04-2005, 01:42 PM   #8
1WhiteOSV

Hey man....I am an installer (MECP Certified) for Best Buy and I actually have that unit on my Alero. First thing is this...have you dropped your remote? If so (and I've done this a lot) check to make sure everything inside the remote is okay...there should be two circuit boards on top of each other w/ little pins that hook them together...if those pins come separated then it wont work..it'll just beep like it's outta range. If THAT's okay then it sounds like your unit is in valet mode. That is what the solid red LED is indicating. If you look in your instructions you should find out how to remove it from valet mode. If you dont have them and you need help, just PM me. We install clifford and viper all day long so I've seen just about everything that CAN go wrong with them...
Old 10-04-2005, 01:46 PM   #9
1WhiteOSV

the siren is in the programming features of the remote...you have to program it in if you want it off. A simple fix would be to just snip the red wire under the hood where the siren is for a temporary solution till you get it fixed...then just re-connect the wire w/ a butt connector or crimp cap. If you cut the wire, make sure you leave enough wire to re-connect it (so dont cut it RIGHT AT THE SIREN). MAKE SURE you call the installer first to see if this is going to void your installation warranty because unless someone calls and asks about it...it voids it at Best Buy...but if you call and explain your situaion then I'm sure they wont have a problem with it.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:00 PM   #10
King Asoka
V.I.P. Member

^listen to what 1white is saying.

for mine I hold a combination of buttons on the remote for 2secs and it makes it so the the parking lights flash when arming and disarming, starting car, etc....

Look in your owners manual or call up DE directly and talk to them about it. Im sure they have a customer servie line that will be able to solve your problems.

"call toll free 1-800-283-1344.Monday to Friday, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. PST. "
Old 10-07-2005, 11:45 PM   #11
Justy311
GL Member

1WhiteOSV the problem is is that i was playing with the remote where I push it from unlock, lock and it beeps...then it just went off and now the red light stays on until i start the car. I dont know whats up. The alarm still works, I forgot to turn it off and set off the alarm, but the remote makes no noise either, like it chirps to let me know, but not no more. The remote was never dropped, but there is no problem there, and also when i use the remote start it makes a weird noise when i put the key in to start it when the remote start on. If that made no sense im sorry, but just ask and i will answer...I APPRECIATE IT, SO MUCH....thanks

Old 10-08-2005, 12:08 PM   #12
TheSoundDemon
GX Member

TheSoundDemon is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to TheSoundDemon Send a message via MSN to TheSoundDemon Send a message via Yahoo to TheSoundDemon
You don't actually try and start the car when the car is already started from your remote do you?
Old 10-08-2005, 02:39 PM   #13
Justy311
GL Member

no, thats just stupid...i actually figured it out. Brought it back and somehow it went to valet mode...i didnt do it, but we got it fixed. Thanks for all the help...i appreciate it!