Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 05-09-2004, 07:30 PM   #1
per0xide

i got a new pioneer deh4600 for my car... and used purple&black's wiring diagram, and it worked well... until i put everything back together... now.. my car wont even try to start, and when you go back to the off position, it makes a fluttery sound (kind of metallic) coming from under the glove compartment...

i didnt disconnect the negative battery cable before i started, cuz ive never had to do that on any other car ive put a new radio in... and the damn thing worked great before i put it back together...

i took it apart 3 times to check my wiring... everything looks ok, disconnected the battery for a few mins, then hooked it back up, with no change.... i have no idea what happened to it, nor how to fix it
Old 05-09-2004, 08:08 PM   #2
per0xide

THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!!!

it was the battery

it was dead... so i jumped it off of my mom's car

now all i gotta do is get an adapter so the antenna will fit... the one on the car is smaller than the outlet on the radio..
Old 05-09-2004, 10:08 PM   #3
bigd6983

lol well glad you figured that out. The first time I ever installed my own stereo I had the same thing happened except it wasnt the battery it was my mistake, unplugged so many wiring harness's trying to get the oem deck out I forgot to put the ignition one back in. I was poopin bricks the whole 15 minutes I couldnt figure it out, its a learning experience.
Old 05-09-2004, 10:10 PM   #4
bigd6983

oh and check on ebay for antenna adapters, you can get them for like 5 or 6 dollars shipped, compared to 16 at bestbuy........thats if your not in that much of a hurry.
Old 05-10-2004, 11:25 PM   #5
per0xide

ended up gettin an antenna adapter from walmart, but i dont pick up hardly anything the oem deck did

plus it was a universal adapter, so it had a round thing in the middle with like 4 other adapters hanging off of it and i had to cut those off in order to put the deck back in..

but it plays mp3 cds fine.. so i dont see myself using the radio much anyway..
Old 05-10-2004, 11:54 PM   #6
bigd6983

yea you know what, for some reason I cant get am radio........i dont know if its a setting in my deck or if somethings wrong with my antenna......anyone else had problems with that
Old 05-11-2004, 10:14 AM   #7
`2000redalero

yep, no ideas though, maybe they think no one cares about good ol am bands anymore
Old 05-11-2004, 11:02 AM   #8
StealthAlero99

mp3 cds are GREAT
Old 05-15-2004, 03:00 PM   #9
per0xide

i rewired the radio... plugged the constant battery wire from the radio into the wire coming off of the cigarette lighter, and the wire that i had going to the constant battery wire broke off too far back for me to splice another one into it so i plugged the positive wire from the cigarette lighter into the accessory wire... but... apparently, the accessory wire is always hot as well.. cuz now the radio is always on (unless you turn it off, and so is the cigarette lighter... (i plug the radar detector into that) plus, if thats not bad enough... when i was trying to rewire the second cigarette lighter (the one on the side, towards the passenger compartment...) the same way i have the real cigarette lighter now.. i accidently broke the plug for it :/

some day, i need to get me some better wire strippers...

so that didnt turn out well... i wanted the radio to come on with the ignition, but to have power when the car is off so i dont lose my settings... and i wanted the radar detector to turn off with the ignition as well... :/
Old 05-16-2004, 12:04 AM   #10
Steve03TropicTeal

come on.. who listens to AM radio?

:P