Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 08-12-2008, 09:13 AM   #1
kniedelm9490
GL Member

kniedelm9490 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to kniedelm9490
trouble with the amp connection

so last few days ive noticed that when my 15's hit the amp will turn off for 2 seconds and go right back on and it does this over and over no fuses are blowing .. everything connected to the amp seems right.. should i just replace the the fuse holder under the hood that goes from the battery to the amp ?
kniedelm9490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 10:16 AM   #2
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Did you check to make sure the amp is stable at what ohms you have the sub?
Of course check all connections and grounds again, and make sure that ground is good!
The 15's could be trying to pull to much power, causing the amp to go into overload protection. Try to play them at a lower level volume using the same song and slowly work your way up and see if the amp cuts out then.
Also is it cutting out even if you get right into the car after it has cooled down?
Old 08-12-2008, 10:30 AM   #3
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
the subs are probably pulling too much power. replacing the fuse under the hood wouldn't do much good, if you pull too much there, the fuse will blow. so if its not blown, replacing it won't do you any good, other then wasting your money
Old 08-12-2008, 11:21 AM   #4
kniedelm9490
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonnie View Post
Also is it cutting out even if you get right into the car after it has cooled down?

for few seconds
Old 08-12-2008, 12:55 PM   #5
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
What do you have them wired at? Is it a dual voice coil sub and what is the ohm rating on the amp (what is it stable down to)?
Old 08-12-2008, 01:04 PM   #6
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Ryan from Ohio will become famous soon enough
Back your gains down slightly. Old school rule of thumb: no more than 3/4 of the way on the gain dial.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:15 PM   #7
kniedelm9490
GL Member

i fixed it but now its blowing fuses ill recheck the ground but its become sucha a pain in the ass ahhhhh
Old 08-13-2008, 07:53 AM   #8
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kniedelm9490 View Post
i fixed it but now its blowing fuses ill recheck the ground but its become sucha a pain in the ass ahhhhh
Hey if you have easy access to the subs and they are dual voice coil, then try to run only one of the coils and see what it does. Check your polarities too. Good luck man!