Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 08-14-2005, 06:47 PM   #1
i_Rev1
GX Member

i_Rev1 is an unknown quantity at this point
k this is prolly a really noob question but when u guys mod ur cars regardless of what it is...do you report it to ur insurance company what u have done...if yes...what will they do? n if no...what will happen if the car gets stolen or gets in an accident??
i_Rev1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 06:54 PM   #2
AftermathAlero
V.I.P. Member

AftermathAlero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to AftermathAlero
It really depends on the insurance company. I got state farm. They cover anything on the car as long as u have pics on the car for proof. But if u tell them ahead of time and let them know u have mods on the car, some won't raise ur rates.

Then some insurance, u need to buy extra coverage for aftermarket goodies. Or else if somethig happenes they'll just replace it with stock stuf back like if u get in a wreck.
Old 08-14-2005, 06:56 PM   #3
i_Rev1
GX Member

i_Rev1 is an unknown quantity at this point
so basically if u dont tell them...ur just insured on the stock car right? n they wont tackle u afterwards bout not tellin them before hand if somethin happens?
i_Rev1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 07:18 PM   #4
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by AftermathAlero@Aug 14 2005, 04:54 PM
It really depends on the insurance company. I got state farm. They cover anything on the car as long as u have pics on the car for proof. But if u tell them ahead of time and let them know u have mods on the car, some won't raise ur rates.

Then some insurance, u need to buy extra coverage for aftermarket goodies. Or else if somethig happenes they'll just replace it with stock stuf back like if u get in a wreck.

Bull poop!!! I had state farm and they screwed me over when my car was stolen. They will cover everything 100% if it is stolen say individually, however, if your car is a total loss like mine was then they go off of individual value to a customer and since most of the stuff we do escpecially show stuff won't raise the price of your car..........i'll show you all the state farm rules if you want cuz trust me when you get $500 on a claim when you have $5000 plus into the car you get pissed and research.......
Old 08-14-2005, 07:35 PM   #5
AftermathAlero
V.I.P. Member

each state if different. There are exception for each state. in companys.. no matter what name their in. Just like State farm insurance paper to carry for texas is a huge sheet, while in louisiana, they get small little cards like the size of credit cards.

When I got into my hydroplane accident, I had progressive back last year. I didn't tell em any of my mods, and they covered me for a new front bumper, wheels and tires. I just needed proof of recipt and they called up the company to verifity i had bought it from them, after when the adjuster looked at my car at the body shop.

Maybe ur local state farm just sucks.
Old 08-14-2005, 08:04 PM   #6
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
i have allstate here in ny. if you total your car, you will only get what its worth (blue book value) not modded value.

(also helps when you mom co-operates the local office... lol, i just went down and asked her. )
Old 08-14-2005, 08:05 PM   #7
AftermathAlero
V.I.P. Member

yea but u can ur your car appraised with the mods. My buddy's grandam was appraised at 23k. Then he gave it to his insurance for in anything happens.

like i said before, it all depends on the company and their policy.
Old 08-14-2005, 10:29 PM   #8
Pimpalero03
V.I.P. Member

Pimpalero03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Pimpalero03
i told my insurace company about my rims, body kit and air bags, that is it. and they kicked me off cuz i was a liability
Pimpalero03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 10:47 PM   #9
AftermathAlero
V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Pimpalero03@Aug 15 2005, 02:29 AM
i told my insurace company about my rims, body kit and airĀ;-) bags, that is it. and they kicked me off cuz i was a liability

when i was switching companies, from progressive to state farm, I drove up with my car as is and the agent secretary looked at it and saw the mods. They even put down I got air bags on the inside for more discount,( while they're really gone) She helped me out for every discount availble cept for being 25 and over, and homeowner, and mulitcar disounct. Other than that, I got all the discounts she could give me. I asked her about modification coverage and she said I was alright. Then she was telling me stories about a guy in his 30's with a 67 GTO, and a bunch of old nice classic muscle cars in the same boat as me asking for modification coverage. The secretary was around 50-60ish years old, so shes been working there for 20plus years.
Old 08-15-2005, 06:46 PM   #10
mikegett
GL Member

Location: connersville, Indiana (don't ask, it's not worth it)
mikegett is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mikegett
I agree with the previous posts. It all deepends on the policy at hand. Don't go by what someone else claims. Ask your agent and see it in paper. My current home owners agent has lied to me about my policy on three different occassions. Had I of not read the policy, I never would have known. Two more months and I am switching it to my car agent. I have Allstate on the car. Straight out of the policy it states a total amount covered on the car (as stock) and a maximum allowance for aftermarket damage as 1,000. CDs have there own seperate amount of 1,000. Anything over these listed will cost extra. My audio system is covered up to five grand for a aditional 12 a month. Once again, look the policy over see for yourself. If isn't listed in black and white, you probably won't get it.
mikegett is offline   Reply With Quote