Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > New Member Introductions

Old 04-23-2005, 08:24 PM   #1
Yomeo

Unhappy

Hey guys whatups i'm yomeo , lol just took my moms alero with 127,000 miles , the drivers side window got messed up. Wonderin about how to get that fixed. When i press the button for the window to go down , it comes down a lil but its really just all messed up . the Car seems to be runnin fine , except the check engine light is on . I just wanted to know , if you guys thought this car was worth fixin up , even though it has all that mileage. Also does anyone know how much time its got left . I've got the 2.4 .
Old 04-23-2005, 08:51 PM   #2
smlzalero
where my knickers at?

smlzalero is an unknown quantity at this point
Howdy Yomeo. Check out the search function, I'm sure you'll find some useful info.

--UPDATE-- Have 6 months to start paying!
smlzalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 09:17 PM   #3
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
w3!c0m3 to t3h 51t3
Old 04-23-2005, 09:20 PM   #4
Youngblood77
V.I.P. Member

Youngblood77 is an unknown quantity at this point
^ hehehe, Welcome to the site man. Yeah, the car's worth fixin' up. The window problem you have is the regulator. A 1 hour fix, and the regulator costs roughly $75.00 off of Ebay. I have NO idea what the check engine light might be, maybe have a mech check it out for ya, atleast to diagnose the problem.

Your car must be fast, you were haulin' ass when I passed you in my 4-door Buick.

Youngblood77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 10:43 PM   #5
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Yeah an SES light can be soooo many things, Most likely it's a sensor somewhere

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 02:45 AM   #6
Yomeo

dude, i freakin love this site, Posted this right before I went out , and soon as I get back i have 4 responses , ya this cars definitely worth fixin up , with guys like you answerin my questions(and I will have a lot) . Thanks guys , I saw the part on Ebay , i'm wondering if GM would install it for me . And if anyone had an idea on what they would charge . Gonna take some shots of the car . First thing to do is get my Konigs taken off the Contour and put on the alero , then have my dad sell the contour . Then i gotta get the pinstripe taken off , cuz thats ugly , then order the clear heads . Gonna get those Altezza's I for the rears. The aleros White . I wanna put a TV on the roof and DVD/cd player in the dash . My friend works at a body shop , and also does all the electronic poopt . He's the reason I save hundreds on labor for the cars I've had . Then I have a friend who works at discount tires , who does all my tire labor for free .

Chozen 1ne

I'm also a fashion designer , ya lol www.yomeofashion.com sophmore in college , 19 , top of the class for fashion design .
Old 04-24-2005, 03:58 AM   #7
Crolero

Welcome to the site yomeo, good choice dumping the ford.
Old 04-24-2005, 07:30 AM   #8
Daytona
ALEROMOD RAPIST

Daytona is on a distinguished road
Welcome aboard, Yomeo. And ya might want to fix your website. None of the links work.
Daytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 11:02 AM   #9
Oldsmopimp

Quote:
Originally posted by Crolero@Apr 24 2005, 07:58 AM
Welcome to the site yomeo, good choice dumping the ford.

Hey now...see my avatar?? when I bought my alero i was in the market for a contour SVT....... BUT i settled for the alero. lol I like fords

welcome to the site Yomeo
Old 04-24-2005, 11:57 AM   #10
forbidden
Graphix GOD

forbidden is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to forbidden Send a message via Yahoo to forbidden
Welcome bro
forbidden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 02:05 PM   #11
dt_freak1

Welcome bud, i had a ford once, something ate it! lmao, anyways, is it a coupe or a sedan?
Old 04-24-2005, 04:15 PM   #12
Yomeo

O... coupe all the way , Hate cars with 4 doors , the contour was very shortlived , but i made that car hott . Found someone to install the window motor for 40 ,so that'll be taken care of swiftly I wanna paint the interior asap , the badge is so ugly . I dont wanna do it myself this time . Gotta find a place that do the entire interior for a good price . I'm gonna do the seats , good thing about being a designer , makes doing all the fabric work real easy . Gonna go with Blue/white interior , still really unsure, cuz i want the care pitch black on the outside with the tints and all . thn to have a blue/white interior dont know . Might work , tell me what u guys think .
Old 04-24-2005, 05:05 PM   #13
dt_freak1

blue and white interior would look sweet....i think if you had a blue exterior color though it would really set off the blue and white interior. black window tinting is always sweet too.
Old 04-24-2005, 06:17 PM   #14
Yomeo

[attachmentid=6386][attachmentid=6387]Ya I know , i just dont want a blue car , its my fav color , but a black car with andy's kit seems hott, im gonna paint the breaks blue though . I'm just wanna make sure , the blue , white and black wont clash, but i dont think they will . Lemme show you pics of the contour , this was when i had just started , its way better now , but i dont have any recent pics . The alero's gonna be the opposite of the contour , with a black exterior and blue/white interior . I've got some old rims on there too , those are long gone, since i applied the konigs .
Old 04-24-2005, 06:26 PM   #15
dt_freak1

very nice. the pics of my alero are posted in the form of a clickable link to a site i built. go take a peak at her
Old 04-24-2005, 06:32 PM   #16
Vtolds
H&B Shipping Agent

Vtolds is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Vtolds
Welcome to the site, since your thinking of a Blue theme Check out my Speedhut Gauge Faces.

Blue Speedhut gauge faces
Vtolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 06:36 PM   #17
Yomeo

Well I cant find the Link , but as soon as the konigs are on the alero im gonna take some shotts . What part of Illinois are you in , maybe we can get some kind of alero club started , that'd be nice , it prolly really help me get my ride modded quicker, ya man I'll take them , hold them for i dont get paid till a week from friday though . .
Old 04-24-2005, 06:58 PM   #18
smlzalero
where my knickers at?

smlzalero is an unknown quantity at this point
Fashion designer? Nice!

Soooo... you're having the Alero paited black.. nice...and blue/white interior.. hmm. Can't say as I like the int. with a black ext. idea.. maybe mock somethin up with where you're gonna put what colors?

There's tons of possibilities, tho, so it could definately look sweet.

BTW your site looks good so far, but yeah, when are the links gonna be functional?? I wanna see!

--UPDATE-- Have 6 months to start paying!
smlzalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 07:26 PM   #19
Yomeo

Ya , the site i know , The reason links arent up is because i havent taken all the pictures yet . Its hard to get all the girls we made prom dresses for together all on the same day , they're all still in high school and some have jobs , I could just take a polaroid and call it a day but my uncles a photographer , so to find time to drive the girls an hour and half away to his house is hard . But I do have some pics , 1 of me in a semi casual businessman design i made for younger guys . Then a sketch of the dress I made for the girl thats taking me to her prom . I'll repost it to show her in it when i take the picture, It's way hotter with her in it . I'll olny made her dress , I work with 5 other designers , im more of the name of the company , I do all the other stuff , then take 15% of what they're paid . Businessman . [attachmentid=6389][attachmentid=6390]
Old 04-25-2005, 12:52 AM   #20
cutelilcntrygrl
I love boobs

cutelilcntrygrl is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome aboard. Check out the midwest section if ya want to. They have meets all the time in the Chicago area.

http://www.myspace.com/smr612
cutelilcntrygrl is offline   Reply With Quote