Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 11-04-2010, 07:45 PM   #21
JDutch
GX Member

JDutch is on a distinguished road
Turns out the P1641 code is actually related to the A/C. I had noticed my air conditioner had quite working a few months back, but I chalked it up to being old The fuse was burned through. I replaced it and now the A/C works. I don't have a code reader, so I don't know if it cleared that code, but I bet it did.

I'm left with the P0440, which is probably a gas cap problem as I've read. I had an Aztec that had a similar problem. I'll buy a new one and see what happens.
JDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 08:00 PM   #22
Lucalare
GLS member

Lucalare is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Lucalare
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDutch View Post
Turns out the P1641 code is actually related to the A/C. I had noticed my air conditioner had quite working a few months back, but I chalked it up to being old The fuse was burned through. I replaced it and now the A/C works. I don't have a code reader, so I don't know if it cleared that code, but I bet it did.

I'm left with the P0440, which is probably a gas cap problem as I've read. I had an Aztec that had a similar problem. I'll buy a new one and see what happens.

Disconnect the negative terminal on the battery for like 20 minutes, that should clear any codes I think.
Lucalare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 09:52 AM   #23
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
it wont clear the codes properly doing that, they will still be saved in the computer, but it wont throw an SES light until about 5mins after you turn it on, if its something minor (not misfiring)

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 08:21 PM   #24
JDutch
GX Member

JDutch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDutch View Post

I cleared P0440 code with a code reader and I'm getting it back again after some driving. I have replaced the gas cap, so I'm afraid it may be more serious.
JDutch is offline   Reply With Quote