Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 11-21-2005, 10:50 AM   #1
alerochick242

About a month ago I noticed that my power steering fluid was LOW! The car wasn't acting weird, I was just routinely checking the fluids. Anyways, I added some, then checked it a few days later and it was low again. All of this reminded me of a problem I had felt about a year ago. I would be driving down a road and take a turn and it would feel like the power steering would stop working for a second while holding the car in a turn. I took the car to the dealership and they replaced the whole rack and pinion system (fortunately, the car was still under warranty for like 150 more miles). I was just wondering if anyone else ever had any troubles with their steering system- I've never heard anyone mention it, though.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:42 PM   #2
misslindseysue
MINIac

misslindseysue is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to misslindseysue
The only problem I have with mine is my rack is really loose (that sounds dirty). I have about 90,000 miles on mine. It just clunks around a lot. I can't afford to fix it yet, so I just live with it, since it still works, it's just annoying.
Old 11-21-2005, 03:49 PM   #3
keepitsimple

i have the 2.4 and mine has been low before and it seems to leak around the cap, i noticed cause there was fluid all over it so i cleaned up the box and then a lil while later it was covered again, i havent checked it but maybe i should, but i dont notice a steering problem.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:44 AM   #4
alerochick242

Quote:
Originally posted by misslindseysue@Nov 21 2005, 05:42 PM
The only problem I have with mine is my rack is really loose (that sounds dirty). I have about 90,000 miles on mine. It just clunks around a lot. I can't afford to fix it yet, so I just live with it, since it still works, it's just annoying.

I understand- mine was feeling "loose" too. When I got the car back, it was tight again. Yeah, I would not have been able to afford it either, I just did slip it in under warranty.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:55 AM   #5
Racefan25

I had one of the power steering hose blow up on my car, while it was still on warranty.
Old 12-02-2005, 11:07 AM   #6
doubleN0alero
They call me 8 point!!

doubleN0alero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to doubleN0alero Send a message via Yahoo to doubleN0alero
dont worry to much about the warranty thing. as long as you have taken your car in hile it was under warranty, you should be covered for awhileif you take it back for the same reasons.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:24 PM   #7
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
had the power steering pump go out on my first hoe.....