Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 11-29-2005, 11:06 PM   #1
mrmike
GL Member

mrmike is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah ok there is a freakin' ghost in my car. It won't mess with my electrical for a long time just to get me feeling like the problem is gone, and then whoosh it comes back twice as annoying. Basically sometimes the lights will flicker when I hit the brakes, and the wierd thing is that it does it regardless of what accessories are running (ei heat, ww defrost, cd). Once it starts doing this, if you turn off the ignition, the power will die for a second, and then come back on OR it will go off and make a loud clicking noise with flashing lights like it is trying to come back on but there is a short somewhere. Usually sometime during this period the gauges will spin wildly and it will go back to normal. I have a good battery and when I had my old battery it did the same thing. I'm going to get the cables cleaned and checked, but does anyone else have this problem or have any ideas about what else it might be? Its wierd because most of the time it works perfectly with no dimming or wierdness. Perhaps I need an old priest and a young priest?
Old 11-30-2005, 12:12 AM   #2
alero35b

check your ground cables on your battery. sounds like a ground problem to me.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:20 PM   #3
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
mine had a similar problem once. guages flipped out, the car basically turned off(electrically) then kicked back on (while moving) i was really shocked.... but it's never done it again. kinda wierd.

but i think my voltage regulator is going since i does some weird electrically from time to time.

the top problem was never really diagnosed by anyone....i just pray its gone.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:44 PM   #4
alero35b

the voltage regulator is built into your alternator. and since he has no problem starting car this tells me that the voltage regulator is allowing enough power go to the battery via the alternator.