Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 06-11-2010, 01:43 AM   #1
FalconVFR
GX Member

FalconVFR is on a distinguished road
DRL and low beams together

ok so this may seem kinda strange or whatever, but i was wondering if anyone knew how to get the DRLs to stay on when the regular headlights come on. (i have a 99 so my DRL are the high beams). im running 6000k HIDs for lows, and my highs are stock. i think it might look kinda cool to have them both on at the same time at night. i do realize that since the DRLs are high beams they might be too bright at night, even tho they are lower power, but they cant be too bad compared to how much glare is comin off the HIDS anyways. i think it might look kinda cool, (seen a few mercs and imports that do this), but then again, i might be way off... anyways, question is, does anyone know how to do this, or know someone with pics who has? thanks
Riken Raptor ZR 225/50Z R16
Pioneer Premier AVIC F-90BT
FalconVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 09:11 AM   #2
Vella's Alero
GL Member

Vella's Alero is on a distinguished road
Alright first off, You are going to get flamd for not using the search button. Use it like your life depends on it because this has been talked about before.

since I'm in a good mood this morning though, I won't say anything and I'll give you the link:
http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showt...light=drl+time
Read lonnie's post about half way down page 1.

also how do you find the Riken zr's? You're the first person that I know that has them on an Alero?

OWN - 1996 Rover 414 - replaced engine with a 1.7TD Isuzu lump and gearbox, Uprated brakes, Custom seats and interior trim, MG ZS 11 spoke wheels, Custom bodywork, Custom LED taillamps, Custom gauge surround to hold 2 52mm gauges (filled with boost and oil pressure gauge)
Vella's Alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 10:26 PM   #3
Chris2000
GL Member

Chris2000 is on a distinguished road
It's illegal to have more than 4 front lights on while driving I believe.

/end thread
Chris2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 10:57 PM   #4
FalconVFR
GX Member

FalconVFR is on a distinguished road
thanks for the link vella, i did try searching but couldnt find exactly what i was looking for... it seems like what lonnie is talking about in that string is having the lows and fogs with high beams... im wanting something a bit different... i want the dimmer high beams (drls) to stay on when my headlights come on... but still keep the functionality of my high beams when needed...

the rikens are actually pretty sweet... they look really good and the traction isnt too bad (even in the snow we get here in denver)... i havent noticed any more noise or rougher ride yet with them... only real complaint i guess is that they get alot of rocks in the tread (to be expected i guess)... it does seem like they lose air a little more than normal, as my tire monitoring system keeps goin off about once a week sayin one is low... always diff tires too... gotta run to discount tire this week and see if its maybe just defective valves or something...
Riken Raptor ZR 225/50Z R16
Pioneer Premier AVIC F-90BT
FalconVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 12:17 AM   #5
Vella's Alero
GL Member

Vella's Alero is on a distinguished road
If you want, write a brief review of them under the product reviews section. I have a thread started about them already so just add on.

About the lights though, I don't think that's been done yet but I would be careful about overloading the lines.

OWN - 1996 Rover 414 - replaced engine with a 1.7TD Isuzu lump and gearbox, Uprated brakes, Custom seats and interior trim, MG ZS 11 spoke wheels, Custom bodywork, Custom LED taillamps, Custom gauge surround to hold 2 52mm gauges (filled with boost and oil pressure gauge)
Vella's Alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 10:52 PM   #6
Monza
GX Member

Monza is on a distinguished road
If you have all four headlights showing for low-beams I would think people would be flashing their brights at you constantly and the police would stop you from time-to-time to test for sobriety.

Too much down-side.
Monza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 11:06 PM   #7
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris2000 View Post
It's illegal to have more than 4 front lights on while driving I believe.

/end thread
Wrong