Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 07-11-2012, 04:15 PM   #1
ATownDown
GX Member

ATownDown is on a distinguished road
Wont start lol

Alright, I just had the whole top end of my motor off to replace my injectors.. Everything went well.. torqued everything put all the wires back together however now it will not start.. I tried priming the fuel lines but im still getting nothing. Anyone got any ideas? I tried google but they give me the same bullshit about the anti theft bypass or whatever (Which is a effing joke...) Anyways, I just wanted to figure out if i completely effed up my car and if i should just sell the car.. Has anyone else had this problem before??
ATownDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:25 PM   #2
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
yeah, look at everything and see if anything is disconnected. there's nothing more to it than this.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:43 PM   #3
ATownDown
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
yeah, look at everything and see if anything is disconnected. there's nothing more to it than this.

how about if the egr valvue hose isnt connected
Old 07-11-2012, 04:57 PM   #4
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
Wont make it not start.. Is it turbing over but not starting or not even chugging. Check spark but my guess is a sensor or ground
Old 07-11-2012, 05:00 PM   #5
ATownDown
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXManwhoreXx View Post
Wont make it not start.. Is it turbing over but not starting or not even chugging. Check spark but my guess is a sensor or ground

Nah she cranks but wont start.. Im thinking maybe not enough fuel in my car (Seeing i live life on a quarter tank) however im gonna buy some starter spray and see how that shit works... Why can't everything be as easy as a carb engine
Old 07-11-2012, 05:19 PM   #6
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Are you holding the pedal to the floor?
Are any wires on the ICM cut? (ex wife did this to my car )
Is the ICM plugged in all the way?
Is the security light on?

That's all I can think of

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:24 PM   #7
ATownDown
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
Are you holding the pedal to the floor?
Are any wires on the ICM cut? (ex wife did this to my car )
Is the ICM plugged in all the way?
Is the security light on?

That's all I can think of

Should I be holding the pedal to the floor?

no nothing is cut, luckily my ex girlfriend don't hate me that much..

The ICM seems to be plugged in all the way

And the security light comes on every now and then but i already bypassed the anti theft lock before (Was 4 hours out of town when I had to figure that out..)
Old 07-11-2012, 05:30 PM   #8
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
When you cut the fuel system, you have to floor it while cranking, like an Old Chevy Carb'ed car. As soon as it kicks over, let off the gas

www.facebook.com/kb0177
Old 07-11-2012, 05:35 PM   #9
ATownDown
GX Member

Quote:
When you cut the fuel system, you have to floor it while cranking, like an Old Chevy Carb'ed car. As soon as it kicks over, let off the gas

Awesome I will try that out, thanks for the help and I will post if shes a go or no go. Final question.. Will it take a couple times trying this method?
Old 07-11-2012, 05:56 PM   #10
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
Depends on how long it takes to build up pressure
Old 07-11-2012, 07:16 PM   #11
ATownDown
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXManwhoreXx View Post
Depends on how long it takes to build up pressure

Im thinking maybe with the 1/8th of a tank of gas its not building enough pressure, i checked the bleed valve and nothing came out. I jumped the fuel pump relay as well to make it run constantly.. So i'm thinking i need to head to a gas station with a couple of jerry cans. God damn I got a hate/love for these cars. Fun as hell but you definitely gotta put some tedious effort into them.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:23 PM   #12
jhubbz
⌘ Irish Pride

jhubbz is on a distinguished road
If that doesn't work, just disconnect the battery for 30 mins or so and reconnect it, wait another 30, then try to crank it again. Sometimes things need to reset. Especially if you have the Passlock disabled/bypassed

Done lost my mind
jhubbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:52 PM   #13
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

wtf no you don't lmao

when you cut the fuel system, you turn the key to on, then back to off, then back to on. and by then it should have enough pressure to start.. what in the world would the throttle plate's position have anything to do with it injecting fuel during startup?
Old 07-11-2012, 09:55 PM   #14
Redog
Aleromod part owner

^^ That's the way I was taugh, yo!

www.facebook.com/kb0177
Old 07-11-2012, 10:20 PM   #15
ATownDown
GX Member

Alright, I figured it out after i put about 5 gallons of gas in and left the fuel pump running. My Injectors are leaking like a mad whore and now im not quite sure what to do about it.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:29 PM   #16
[ion] C2
636 whp

sigh.......

leaking from where they seat into the rail?

leaking into the ports, flooding the engine?

or what?
Old 07-11-2012, 10:41 PM   #17
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Can you smell raw gasoline?

Sounds like you crushed the o ring

www.facebook.com/kb0177
Old 07-11-2012, 10:50 PM   #18
ATownDown
GX Member

eff yeah I can smell raw gas. I left my fuel pump running while i ate a sub from subway and while i was mowin down i entered the garage to see a shit ton of gas on the floor and even more underneath my fuel line. I'll check my o rings carefully and see what happens.
Old 07-11-2012, 11:13 PM   #19
ATownDown
GX Member

Quote:
Can you smell raw gasoline?

Sounds like you crushed the o ring

You were absolutely right. The O-ring that is in to connect the fuel rail to the fuel line is gone now.. Does this typically happen? not only is the o ring off the line but its no where to be seen now. can it really eff up my fuel rail if it went into there?
Old 07-12-2012, 07:01 AM   #20
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
chances are it dropped onto the transmission, its a brown o ring. i had the same problem when i did heads on my car so your not the first. take a realy good flashlight and start scoping your trans, look under the car and see if its sitting on the floor.