Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 08-14-2012, 01:34 PM   #21
Starglow
GX Member

Starglow is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AXLE View Post
And the story continues.......

Didn't notice when I picked up the car because of the monsoon rain, the steering wheel isn't straight, like I'm taking a perpetual right turn. The steering feels a little darty too. I'll tell him to fix it, what else can I do besides cut my losses and go somewhere else?

Find a flat straight stretch of road with very little traffic on it. Drive straight and then momentarily let go of the wheel to see if it pulls in one direction or the other. Sometimes the crown of the road will do that, so you also have to be aware of that when you do this test. However if the car pulls to one side immediately after you let go of the wheel then the alignment is probably off.

The other thing that happens is the alignment may show good, but they didn't keep the steering wheel straight while it was on the alignment rack. At this point I would not go back to the same shop again as it seems they have a lot of issues doing this type of work which could mean a lack of sufficient employee training which to me falls in line with everything that has happened to you.

Go to a place like Firestone or another chain that offers a Nationwide warranty which allows you to go to another company store if things aren't right so you don't have to pay twice for the same work.
Starglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:04 PM   #22
AXLE
GX Member

AXLE is on a distinguished road
Trust me, I did all those little tests already, the wheel is def. positioned as if I'm taking a right turn. I don't want to spend more money on another alignment shop, but I will if I have to.
AXLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:49 AM   #23
AXLE
GX Member

AXLE is on a distinguished road
Took it back last week after the "toe bolt" came loose again. He refused to align it saying the car needs a new toe bolt. Fine. I went home and took the bolt out, went back and handed him the bolt & asked what was wrong with it. He had to admit nothing was wrong with it (after a lengthy examination) so I convinced him to re-align the car, it took some effort to convince him too. I also pointed out the previous tech had used anti-seize on the bolt and not loc tite like the manager had claimed. Also pointed out that it was the original bolt and wasn't broken like the 2nd alignment report stated so someone was lying to me. This was one of the techs, Luis, he said he couldn't call his manager on the manager's day off

Short story is I got it back and immediately welded the bolt head to the crossmember. I'm done screwing with this issue.

There is a survey I have yet to fill out, it doesn't look promising. Oh yeah, almost forgot what prompted this post. I saw the manager last nite down at the Autozone buying parts in a company truck, the same guy who told me "we're not allowed to go out and buy parts"........wow. Screw Monro
AXLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:11 AM   #24
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
nice job.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:28 AM   #25
falloutboy
GL Member

falloutboy is on a distinguished road
I still wanna see your alignment specs.
1979 350SB Chevrolet Camaro Project Thread
1995 Chrysler Stratus LX
1999 3.4L Oldsmobile Alero (resource page)
2002 Nissan Primera with CVT
falloutboy is offline   Reply With Quote