Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 01-12-2005, 10:33 PM   #1
MindlessBabble05

Wink

Okay, I went to discount tires today to look around and just ask questions. Okay, and the guy there suggested these wheels,I think they were Hot Rods (asa...no, um...I forget. I'll go to tires.com and show ya'll in a bit) rims or something, that we were looking at would be good with my orignal tires.

?? I mean yeah, maybe, (maybe not) if I actually clean my tires and keep them shinny.

Okay, here I come again WHAT DO U GUYS THINK? I mean, everythings a maybe or could work...but arent our tires huge*my opinion* (thick)? I need your opinion again. :: bows :: I love you all!

PS Maybe its just wierd to me because I've only heard new wheels new tires. I just think sometimes its a must...for new and new?
Old 01-12-2005, 10:43 PM   #2
Sno

it usually is like that Nikki, that and I wouldn't recomend getting 16" rims, they will not look as good as 17"s or 18"s with new tires, also, how long have you had your tires? If you are like me, and got new tires when you got the car, I'd wait until your new tires are worn out, or as soon as you have the money to buy them both at once, because in my opinion, it isn't worth buying new rims and keeping the old tires, if you want it to look good, and handle better, upgrade the tires, and get bigger rims :thumbsup:
Old 01-12-2005, 10:51 PM   #3
MindlessBabble05

Quote:
Originally posted by Sno@Jan 12 2005, 10:43 PM
it usually is like that Nikki,
Awwww! you called me Nikki!!! <3.<3 But yeah you're right. When it gets warm here though, I'm gonna go out and polish my stock wheels ^^ WHOLE LOTTA BREAK DUST!

<~~~~~Break rider
Old 01-12-2005, 11:04 PM   #4
Naich
The Founder

Naich is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Naich
it'll cost almost as much to get your tires re-mounted on 16's than just getting a new set of 17's mounted & balanced with new tires. I'd really consider getting 17's with new tires for summer and keeping the stockers for winter driving.

Naich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 11:23 PM   #5
sound_xtreme
GLS member

sound_xtreme is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sound_xtreme Send a message via MSN to sound_xtreme Send a message via Yahoo to sound_xtreme
~edit, play nice -naich

anyways. on to your wheels. our wheels arent huge by any means. if you're looking to do stuff to you alero do at least 17's. I myself will be gettin at least 18's
Old 01-12-2005, 11:30 PM   #6
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
Go 19's :thumbsup:
Old 01-13-2005, 12:14 AM   #7
|Rev|

Nikki, if theres one word of advice you take from me don't get 16's go with iether 17's or 18's and since your not going to lower it, I would say 18's but 17's will do, but if you get 17's don't get anything below a 45 profile or the wheel gap will be MASSIVE!

I agree with sound, your posts are awesome!
Old 01-13-2005, 12:41 AM   #8
MindlessBabble05

Quote:
Originally posted by |Rev|@Jan 13 2005, 12:14 AM
Nikki,
You called me nikki too! I'm LOVED!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks everyone! too bad my mother won't but the tires for me, just the wheels.

<~~~spoiled brat.

Maybe if I knew more about cars I wouldn't ask so many questions...but I'm learning! Thanks so much!
Old 01-13-2005, 12:45 AM   #9
Dethwalkin

Quote:
Originally posted by |Rev|@Jan 13 2005, 12:14 AM
Nikki, if theres one word of advice you take from me don't get 16's go with iether 17's or 18's and since your not going to lower it, I would say 18's but 17's will do, but if you get 17's don't get anything below a 45 profile or the wheel gap will be MASSIVE!

I agree with sound, your posts are awesome!
Rev said it all....WATCH THE GAP !!! h34r:
Old 01-13-2005, 09:09 AM   #10
Sno

yes, the gap = nuts on lower profile tires, especially if you aren't going to lower it... not that our gap isn't insane already lol
Old 01-13-2005, 09:27 AM   #11
MikeSS
V.I.P. Member

MikeSS is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey Nikki, get your muffler yet???

Anyway, I am one of the few people on here keeping his stock wheels. I have the 15" aluminum rims. I am not upgrading only because I like going to the track too often for drag racing. If I had the cash, I would get lightweight 17" racing rims.

But I have new high performance tires on my rims.

As everyone said, if you are going to get new rims, cost wise, it makes more sense just to get new tires too.
1996 Camaro Y87 - Gone
2003 Alero 2.2L GX 5-Spd - 15.21 @ 88.21 - Gone
MikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 11:16 AM   #12
MindlessBabble05

Quote:
Originally posted by MAlero@Jan 13 2005, 09:27 AM

Actually yes! I'm taking it in in 4 weeks (my first check at my new job and my mom is giving me moneyz) to get it all on! Its pretty much light yours...but the slanted ones. I can't remeber the number right now to save my life! my ex gfs sister friend is putting it own for me pretty cheap, $290 (incudling the cost of the muffler), I guess. money isn't an issue to me ne ways

<~~once again spolied breat
Old 01-13-2005, 11:32 AM   #13
MikeSS
V.I.P. Member

MikeSS is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by MindlessBabble05+Jan 13 2005, 11:16 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MindlessBabble05 @ Jan 13 2005, 11:16 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MAlero@Jan 13 2005, 09:27 AM

Actually yes! I'm taking it in in 4 weeks (my first check at my new job and my mom is giving me moneyz) to get it all on! Its pretty much light yours...but the slanted ones. I can't remeber the number right now to save my life! my ex gfs sister friend is putting it own for me pretty cheap, $290 (incudling the cost of the muffler), I guess. money isn't an issue to me ne ways

<~~once again spolied breat [/b][/quote]
Well good to hear! and yeah, I know the exact muffler you are getting.

Quote:
my ex gfs sister friend
Thats a mouthful, I guess it means a friend of the sister of your ex gf? either way, that is an AWESOME price for products plus install!
1996 Camaro Y87 - Gone
2003 Alero 2.2L GX 5-Spd - 15.21 @ 88.21 - Gone
MikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 01:10 PM   #14
isellalerodrop

Quote:
Originally posted by MindlessBabble05+Jan 13 2005, 12:41 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MindlessBabble05 @ Jan 13 2005, 12:41 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-|Rev|@Jan 13 2005, 12:14 AM
Nikki,
You called me nikki too! I'm LOVED!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks everyone! too bad my mother won't but the tires for me, just the wheels.

<~~~spoiled brat.

Maybe if I knew more about cars I wouldn't ask so many questions...but I'm learning! Thanks so much! [/b][/quote]
Thats what this is here for to learn and share ideas from fello alero modders its always good to learn from people by first hand accounts, if your spoiled as I am just keep asking mommy, tell her you cant have one without the other, then you can always break out the bratty poutting face if all out fails.

ow yea , Hi Nikki figured id use your name some how seeing you like being called by your name.
Old 01-13-2005, 04:04 PM   #15
MindlessBabble05

Quote:
Originally posted by isellalerodrop@Jan 13 2005, 01:10 PM

ow yea , Hi Nikki figured id use your name some how seeing you like being called by your name.
I doooooo!