Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 12-20-2003, 01:34 AM   #1
noextreme04

This is my first winter driving with my underbody neon kits and they just stopped working tonight? I turned them on when i stepped out of work when i was heating my car up. They turned on fine except my back neon was lighting up. Then just a couple seconds later they all went out. I checked the fuse and it was blown. I replaced it then it blew again right away. So i looked at all the neons and they were all coated with a nice layer of seeing as how there is its been snowing for a couple of days. Is my problem with one of the neons, or is it that since each neon has a layer of ice on them they wont function properly? I have no clue whats going on lil help please.
Old 12-20-2003, 01:08 PM   #2
mattmm1697
GX Member

mattmm1697 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to mattmm1697
Hi ill try to help you this is my first year with underbody neons to there optx by streetglow blue i don't no what kind you have but my neons work fine when its cold and its been like 15 degrees with ice and everything but check all your wire conections and make sure there insulated with electrical tape well and make sure that none of the wires are cut from the ice, snow, and slush cause one of my wires got riped apart by snow and slush and i had to fix it, and if a wire is busted it will blow the fuse and none will light so give it a try.
Front and Rear Strutbars
Custom Black Headlights
Custom Rear Painted Taillights
Infinity 4x6 and 6x9s
mattmm1697 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2003, 01:13 PM   #3
noextreme04

thanks i have the same underbody kit so i will have to double check my wiring i think where i had to extend the back wire my electrical tape came loose. That would make sense why the back one didnt come on and all the other ones did.
Old 12-20-2003, 05:14 PM   #4
johny_boy32
V.I.P. Member

johny_boy32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to johny_boy32
underbody's have no problem in winter....another words its a damn myth...what he said...just check your wires and make sure you have the wires properlly grounded and all conected...i cant think why only the back one would work though...maybe the connection for the other three went bad or fell off.....i dont know.
Old 12-21-2003, 11:02 PM   #5
noextreme04

no it was actually the back one was the one that didnt work im putting my car up on my lift tomorrow to check my wires. I have a feeling i didnt give enough slack at the connection. Any easy way to repair it if thats the case?
Old 12-22-2003, 09:13 PM   #6
noextreme04

ok i contacted the company because i checked every thing i possibly could. The problem is the transformer in the tube is bad and is being replaced for free. So if anyone has the same troubles and you have warranty hook yourself up.