Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 04-13-2005, 08:18 PM   #1
coolero

CAN ANYONE TELL ME THE EASIEST WAY TO INSTALL THIS IT I GOT THE SETUP FIGURE OUT BUT DO I HAVE TO GO THRU THE FENDERWELL
99 ALERO 3.4L
Old 04-13-2005, 08:28 PM   #2
Blue87
GX Member

Blue87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Blue87
Unless u want the filter sucking in all that nice warm air... You need to put it in the fenderwell. It takes a few tries to get the angles right for it to fit, but it does. Be patient cuz its worth it. It sounds great at 3 grand on. :grin:

- 3400 V6 4Door
, DocSpeed Cold Air Intake, White-Faced Guages, Cleared Corners, Pinstriped Tails, "Alero" 3rd Brake Light, Shaved Badges, and handled with care... sometimes
Blue87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 11:26 PM   #3
alerosport.com

Nick has a kit for yours and you don't have to mod your car, i belive.

i did the civic intake one. Bought all the parts at auto zone, they have raised all these parts a little bit since then a year or two ago was when i did this.

http://homepage.mac.com/ashmc84/PhotoAlbum27.html

heres a sound clip of what it will sound like with just about any CAI

http://homepage.mac.com/ashmc84/iMovieTheater29.html

I had to cut a small pieces out. But with Naich's you don't have to cut anything... i have herd good things about Naich's or Nicks Intakes!
Old 04-13-2005, 11:26 PM   #4
alerosport.com

oh yeah at 3000 rpm it sounds Kewl stll love that sound affter 2 years of the CAI
Old 04-14-2005, 12:31 AM   #5
AleroBloke

you will have to pull the fender well back and reach right wehre your wiper fluid is. it works best to take off your tire and jack your shiz up, but i just did it by turning my wheel all the way left..it worked out fine, you don't need to cut anything or remove anything, other than that 20 mile long stock, restrictive bull shiz you pull out.

edit oh yeah, and mine seems to sound the best at about 2700 rpm....on that note, i have my pipe that goes into the filter and it is buried all the way in that think maybe less than a 1/2 inch of space from the inside top of the filter, will that cause a problem performance wise? give me someinput