Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 12-09-2007, 01:05 PM   #1
AtomicX
GL Member

AtomicX is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to AtomicX
Remote Start Help

Hey I have a Valet Remote start system (model 551R). Yesterday the remote part fell apart in my pocket, and I put the battery back, but now the remote start isnt working? The keychain still lights up, but the car doesnt respond to it. Do I have to reprogram it or something?
Old 12-10-2007, 09:24 AM   #2
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
yes thats generally the case you have to relearn the remote. Its should be in your manual. You may also have to disconnect the battery from the remote start brain. I just pulled the fuses....same thing and usually alot easier then disconnecting the battery...hope this helps.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:37 AM   #3
AtomicX
GL Member

AtomicX is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to AtomicX
My manual doesn't say how to reprogram it. I bought the car with the remote starter in it already, where would the brain be located?
Old 12-10-2007, 10:26 AM   #4
jayson_waltz
GLS member

jayson_waltz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jayson_waltz
i don't know how to do anything with valet, but i do know that the main module would be under the dash. If the battery goes dead on the car you'd have to reprogram that (a pain).
My dad used to install that brand all the time before his shop changed over to compustar, i'll ask him tonight how to reprogram a remote.
jayson_waltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 12:20 PM   #5
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayson_waltz View Post
i don't know how to do anything with valet, but i do know that the main module would be under the dash. If the battery goes dead on the car you'd have to reprogram that (a pain).
My dad used to install that brand all the time before his shop changed over to compustar, i'll ask him tonight how to reprogram a remote.
I second that Jayson the brain is usually located behind the dash some places install them right behind the radio as to no allow someone to easily mess with it. In the alero the general best place is behind the center console maybe tie wrapped to the metal support down there if not there it my be alittle deeper in the console but that would be my bet. First I would attempt to find the manual for that model on line by searching for it at the company website or finding info on forums. You would be surprised how much info you can find on sites like this. I had how I did mine below but took it off once I found the information you needed below. Good luck

Last edited by lonnie : 12-10-2007 at 12:27 PM.
lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 12:22 PM   #6
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Here is the link for your particular remote start. What you are looking for is on page 32 good luck

http://www.directed.com/guides/manua...alet/N551R.pdf

Last edited by lonnie : 12-10-2007 at 12:26 PM.
lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 10:22 AM   #7
jayson_waltz
GLS member

^ good thing you got that manual, b\c my dad doesn't remember lol. the brain on my remote start is actually right under the steering coulumn, not behind the radio. every car i've seen has always been under the steering coulumn someplace.
Old 12-12-2007, 01:33 PM   #8
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Quote:
^ good thing you got that manual, b\c my dad doesn't remember lol. the brain on my remote start is actually right under the steering coulumn, not behind the radio. every car i've seen has always been under the steering coulumn someplace.
Yeah that's why I put my remote start behind and just under the radio. Don't ever have to worry about it getting tampered with. Thats where my alarm brain is too you would never know if even if you looked up under the dash and everything.
Old 12-12-2007, 02:01 PM   #9
MADMike
GX Member

MADMike is on a distinguished road
I know its off topic but now everyone on the forums knows.
MADMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 05:13 PM   #10
jayson_waltz
GLS member

^ lol yea, but why would you want to jack an alero when you own an alero?
Old 12-12-2007, 05:29 PM   #11
AGT
GLS member

AGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
^ lol yea, but why would you want to jack an alero when you own an alero?

Parts.
AGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 08:00 PM   #12
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Doesn't matter if you know where the box is because you still wouldn't be able to get to it with out tearing the dash apart, and by then it's to late.