Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > Forced Induction Performance

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-14-2011, 07:41 PM   #1
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Well, that explains it.

Another contributing factor to my poor ET and long turbo lag.

The fiberglass coating on the firewall has been deteriorating severely over the years. I took off my air filter about a week before I went to the track due to it being dirty/clogged. The day before I went to the track I duct taped the fiberglass up in an attempt to prevent any of it getting sucked into the turbo.

I noticed a more whiney noise from the turbo since I've gone to the track. I looked under the hood today finally and noticed the duct tape was missing. I immediately looked at the compressor and noticed a chunk missing off the end of one of the fins.... so the duct tape quite possibly got sucked in and minced by the compressor. I doubt all of it did... unless the turbo was really hungry.

I'm curious where the particles from the chipped fin went... and the duct tape. Car still feels great. Wonder if it happened on my final run at the track and it was quickly chopped and flown through the engine and out. Actually, the tape and whatever is probably all stuck at the intercooler. I need a new one anyway.

USE AN AIR FILTER

I might have to have my friend make me a nice tubular turbo manifold and put a new turbo on. This one is stuck to the current manifold anyway, 2 of the bolts are frozen in place and the head is rounding. I couldn't get them tightened or loosened when I had the head off back in March or whatever, so there's been a nice exhaust leak pre-turbo ever since.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote