Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > L61 2.2L Ecotec Specific

Old 03-03-2005, 10:02 PM   #1
BLK03GXS
GLS member

BLK03GXS is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey so i just got RSM racing front and rear STB's, and i allso got the Lower engine mount...
But im not sure about it because the mount i have now will only pick up on one bellhouseing bolt where the stock one connects to 3...
Anyone have pics of this mount installed? or have done it themselfs?
thanks

BLK03GXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 10:55 PM   #2
BLK03GXS
GLS member

wow... i guess no one has this part? or maybe you guys just dont like me :P
Does ANYONE have this?

Old 03-25-2005, 01:33 AM   #3
BLK03GXS
GLS member

Ok i guess none of you guys have gotten this mount... im gunna install it this weekend with an oilchange and new plugs, wish me luck :P lol

Old 03-25-2005, 03:07 AM   #4
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
this mount works fine on the 2.4 but none has tried it on the eco so you are the first one. if it doesn't use all the bolts then don't use it. maybe you can take your old one and switch the insert with the RSM one.
Old 03-28-2005, 09:17 AM   #5
MikeSS
V.I.P. Member

MikeSS is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by BLK03GXS@Mar 25 2005, 01:33 AM
Ok i guess none of you guys have gotten this mount... im gunna install it this weekend with an oilchange and new plugs, wish me luck :P lol

let me know how this went! I was going to install this on my car until the unfortunate mail truck collision.

Tell me if you notice a difference, cause once one is created for the cobalt I might have to get one put on there too.
1996 Camaro Y87 - Gone
2003 Alero 2.2L GX 5-Spd - 15.21 @ 88.21 - Gone
MikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 02:43 PM   #6
BLK03GXS
GLS member

Well it went in... i did an oil change, and put the mount in...
The insert idea is Out cus they are wayy differant, the mount that i took out, the rubber mount part was damaged allready, it was split down the middle... and it was REALLY easy to move... thus shot. (remember i bought my car new it only has 70000KMS on it... anyways...

I got it in, it only uses one bolt on either end, im going to try it for 5000km's till the next oil change, and we will see what happens.

The mount it self dosent seem to have been made for the car, allthou it wasnt verry easy, its possible that the motor may have shifted some without me knowing... but i had to jack the back of the motor up to get the alignment correct enuff to get the bolts in...

DONT jump on this mod, if you have the eco, im gunna test it out for a bit, if i dont get any negative consiquences, damage etc, i will let ya know.

Old 05-05-2005, 06:04 PM   #7
BLK03GXS
GLS member

OK well Testing will be over this weekend, im doing an oil change on my car, so i will post pics of the install. it seems to be just fine scince i did it, the car drives nicer, IMO hooks up harder, less wheelspin, quicker off the line etc.
So when i do an oilchange tomorow or the next day i will have pics for everyone...

Old 05-09-2005, 04:28 PM   #8
BLK03GXS
GLS member

ok well checked it out... the mount is still fine, allthou i wasnt able to get any pics, couldnt get access to a camera... but i will get one some time this week hopefully...

Old 06-23-2005, 03:07 AM   #9
alero_ecotec
Special Agent

alero_ecotec is an unknown quantity at this point
any updates?
Old 06-23-2005, 02:38 PM   #10
ptrudel
Designated Drunk

ptrudel is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to ptrudel
Quote:
Originally posted by Oldsman@Mar 25 2005, 04:07 AM
this mount works fine on the 2.4 but none has tried it on the eco so you are the first one. if it doesn't use all the bolts then don't use it. maybe you can take your old one and switch the insert with the RSM one.

does it matter which tranny?
Old 06-28-2005, 04:57 PM   #11
BLK03GXS
GLS member

The only update is that im going to have to redesign the lower mount, the angle that the mount was on has caused the bushing to walk out on the chassis side. it worked awsome at first! lol
What im going to have to do is make a stud to go into the chassis and the sort of a z shape to line up with the tranny side correctly... :alcoholic:

The first 15000kms i put on it it was awsome, but the abuse has destroyed the bushing because of the angle... kinda hard to explain... but now i have a weird noise when i let the clutch out.... haha