Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 01-17-2010, 12:04 PM   #21
spyhunter
GL Member

spyhunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to spyhunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOHC_tuner View Post
Well Im soon to be a daddy so I can no longer spend money like I have on the motor.

So Im hoping to just stop throwing money on the motor and just make sure it runs. I plan to just tune it and see what I get out of the engine. Then swap it into a Z24, own two chevys, and use them as DD's.

Only money I hope to spend after is little things like a front lip, gauges, etc. Just looks.

I really hate to drop the LD9/Quad 4 race scene since over on jbody.org there has been many big developments to improve the engine. I enjoyed being a part of it but for now my build still incorporates big modifications others are still trying to get done.

looks like I'll have to march on in jbody racing land.
Promoter - PM me to be put on the list. Ladies first drink free wed, thur, sat
spyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:30 AM   #22
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOHC_tuner View Post
Well Im soon to be a daddy so I can no longer spend money like I have on the motor.

Excuses, excuses, we are expecting our first in June, it's called a budget.....for example, I get up every morning and do a paper route just to have some cash to throw at the car, and then Lindsey lets me have a little bit more here and there as the budget allows.......
Old 01-18-2010, 10:47 AM   #23
99-alero
GL Member

99-alero is on a distinguished road
good choice on the z24
99-alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 10:55 AM   #24
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
Excuses, excuses, we are expecting our first in June, it's called a budget.....for example, I get up every morning and do a paper route just to have some cash to throw at the car, and then Lindsey lets me have a little bit more here and there as the budget allows.......

Yeah, no doubt. AND...I'm family of 5 on military pay. Just have to find a way when you want it bad enough. That's the reason it takes so long is family first, always.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 12:10 PM   #25
spyhunter
GL Member

spyhunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to spyhunter
man homeboy just got called out
Promoter - PM me to be put on the list. Ladies first drink free wed, thur, sat
spyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 01:05 PM   #26
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

DOHC_tuner is on a distinguished road
Well I dont want it bad enough....I lost interest in the Alero. When I go over to work on her I just drag myself and grab my snap-ons and matco's slowly thinking....eff I dont want to. And yes family first.

I work part time waiting to get a full time slot. I don't live with my parents so I pay my own bills. So again Im doing all this on a part time salary.

I dont have my degree yet so no career, just a part time job. Which means I live pay check to pay check.

I know I would disappointment many but I just dont care for the Alero anymore. I want a 1999 5 speed Z24, own 2 chevys, and be done with it.

And if I ever get a full time slot I will continue throwing money on my cars.

So for now I will just put everything back together, tune it, then drive it until I find a Z to replace it with.
DOHC_tuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:25 PM   #27
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

JLw7123 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JLw7123 Send a message via Yahoo to JLw7123 Send a message via Skype™ to JLw7123
well family comes first
JLw7123 is offline   Reply With Quote