Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > L61 2.2L Ecotec Specific

Old 06-30-2006, 07:41 PM   #1
xbxradxsx
GX Member

xbxradxsx is an unknown quantity at this point
I know that there are like 700 different posts on this, but couldn't find what I was really looking for. :rolleyes: I really want to run a turbo, but know that the tranny can't handle it, so was plannin on hitting that first. I'm not really planning on doing anything anytime soon, just a little homework first for now. I have the 2.2l eco auto and had some questions about the saab 6speed transmission.

1st Ques. I believe I read somewhere on here that it was a direct bolt to the engine itself and you would have to custom fab "everything else." I know it's a good bit to it, but is that so, or did I misread something?

2nd Ques. Where could you find one of those transmissions? I've looked around several places before, but didn't find much help.

Like I said, not plannin on doing much for about 6 months or so till I get outta school and have some more money comin in. Just doin some research so I can be better prepared. And I know what alot of people on here will think... I'm just another person gonna slap a turbo on and blow some poop up, but I've been doin alot of lookin, readin, and studying, so please- not too many neg. comments.
-Red 04 Coupe, 2.2 eco, 20% tint all around, Cosmo wai, Sprint springs, both speedbuilt sway bars,18" black Enkei Ls5's -Future plans: Kyb agx's, front and rear stb's, and a lil more in the planning...
xbxradxsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 07:47 PM   #2
number1alero
GL Member

number1alero is an unknown quantity at this point
i would look into one of the 5 speeds out of a cobalt or the saab 6 speed...probably more luck with the cobalt because of those having been out a year or so now...especially if you could get your hands on one of the manual trannys that was matched to a supercharged cobalt...i dont know all the different codes for those two trannys but i looked into the possibility before and found those to be the two best bets for ease of fitting into the alero and all...course never overlook the 5 speeds that a few aleros have... if you plan on pushing over 300 hp, regardless of which tranny you go with, its going to have to be upgraded so i dont see much of a difference in choosing between those for the project
number1alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 07:48 PM   #3
number1alero
GL Member

number1alero is an unknown quantity at this point
also for finding one of these transmissions...your best bet is to search www.car-part.com which should give you quite a few different junk yards...they should be in good condition too
number1alero is offline   Reply With Quote