Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 12-25-2004, 04:18 AM   #1
Slitz
V.I.P. Member

Slitz is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Slitz
Unhappy

Ok so i got my new speakers for xmas and i put the 6x9's in wit no problem what so ever. Now i am having trouble with the front speakers, its not like the back. I cant just unclip it because it runs to a few other things and im completley stuck. Where do i disconnect the stock speakers and put in the new ones? Do i just cut them off from the wire and sodder the new ones on? And theres a resistor looking thing on one of the wires wtf!? Im so lost some help would be great. The 4x6's are Pioneer TS-A467OR. and its for a 99 gls
Slitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 04:27 AM   #2
Slitz
V.I.P. Member

And another thing i also bought the GM wiring Harness at best buy and it in no way shape or form resembles the harness in the car....WTF im pissed off!!! issed:
Old 12-25-2004, 12:32 PM   #3
Voodosoup

You should just be able to de-solder the wires from the factory speakers and re-solder them to the new speakers. Observing the correct polarity of the two wires (+ and -) The capacitor is probably a bass-blocker for the tweeters. Do you have the monsoon system? I know that on the 6-speaker system that is in my GL3, the tweeters in the pillars and the door speakers are wired together.

The wiring harness will fit multiple GM cars from different years and it should just wire up to the aftermarket wires and plug into the factory plug. There are many different wiring harnesses for GM cars, anytime I've bought dash kits or harnesses from best buy I've always gone to the installation bay and bought them there. They sometimes have different stuff than what is available in the regular store. You'll also need to pic up an antenna adapter to plug the cars antenna cable into the aftermarket deck.
Old 12-25-2004, 12:59 PM   #4
mike2002
GLS member

mike2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to mike2002
the resistor thing is most likely just a capacitor, blocking the high frequencies to the tweeter. if you have 2 wires going to the woofer, then 2 wires from that going to the tweeter, just use the two wires going to the woofer for the input to the speaker, cut them, then crimp on some connectors that should have come with your new speaker.

i have the monsoon, so i had 4 wires running to each door, which is nice if you put in components with big crossovers like my SS exacts, mounted the crossovers in the trunk
Old 12-25-2004, 02:36 PM   #5
Slitz
V.I.P. Member

Thanks Guys, well 12 hrs and 2 phone calls later i put in the 4 speakers and it sounds great. My friend john works at best buy so im goin bak tomorrow 2 get the right harness so i can install the new H/U.
I quote Peter Griffin wen i say that this is "Freakin Sweet!"
Old 12-26-2004, 04:37 AM   #6
1WhiteOSV

should be the new style GM speaker clips for the 6X9's
Old 12-26-2004, 04:38 AM   #7
1WhiteOSV

should be the new style GM speaker clips for the 6X9's (i'm an installer at Best Buy and I've put tons of speakers in Alero/Grand Am's and they all take that clip)
Old 12-26-2004, 02:52 PM   #8
Slitz
V.I.P. Member

The rear speakers where no problem. I used tyhe original holder and just fit the new speakers in there all i had to do was cut some of the carpet out. Thanks to Voodosoup i put the 4x6's in. I went out today to get the right harness just to come home and find out that the headunit just barley fit issed: so i got my dremel and just cut out the part in the back of the dash that awas blockin the unit. Ill take some pics when i get home. Thanks for all your help guys